How do I activate X3 on a new computer?

Mark-Wanlass wrote on 1/31/2024, 6:09 PM

Old serial from 2017 or so begins with P2-

I don't get an activation email when I try to install on a new computer. Don't see an option to deactivate old license in Magix webpage showing my products. Also, I get no responses from info@magix.com either.

Comments

SP. wrote on 1/31/2024, 8:14 PM

@Mark-Wanlass The e-mail address is infoservice@magix.net or proservice@magix.net.

Not sure what you are doing and why you want to get an activation e-mail. You simply install and run Samplitude and then enter your e-mail address and serial number and the program will contact Magix' registration servers and then activate itself.

Be sure to enter the same e-mail address you used to register the software back in 2017.

P2-serials cannot be deactivated. This feature was introduced with P3-serials.

Mark-Wanlass wrote on 1/31/2024, 8:32 PM

@Mark-Wanlass The e-mail address is infoservice@magix.net or proservice@magix.net.

Not sure what you are doing and why you want to get an activation e-mail. als.

Thank you for the email addresses. Problem is that it asks me to enter my serial number, which I do, then I click on continue and the program closes. Also, it shows a red X next to my serial number after I enter it. However, I enter the serial number exactly as it shows it should be in my magix account.

SP. wrote on 2/1/2024, 3:21 AM

@Mark-Wanlass Usually you don't need to enter the P2 or P3 at the beginning and you don't need to enter the hyphens. You only need to enter the numbers. But if the software shows the red X and tells you that the serial number is incorrect there likely is a typo somewhere?

ProAudioTeam wrote on 2/1/2024, 7:11 AM

Dear Mark-Wanlass,

if you still have unlocking problems, please contact our support team directly at proservice@magix.net.

Kind regards

Your Magix Pro Audio Team

Mark-Wanlass wrote on 2/1/2024, 1:11 PM

Turns out there are two versions of X3 on the installation media. X3, and X3 Suite. My serial only works with the latter. Thanks to everyone for the help!

Mark