Comments

rraud wrote on 2/2/2022, 10:01 AM

Assuming 12.6 is Audio Studio (AS) , I do not think the legacy (Direct X) Wave Hammer plug-in was included with AS... neither is the new Wave Hammer II (which does not have sought-after FET 1176 vintage sound) . If you have a version of SF Pro installed, Wave Hammer may be listed in the Direct X, All or Third-Party plug-ins. Look in organize or the Fx chainer
FWIW, in AS-15, it is listed as "Magix Wave Hammer, but it is totally missing in AS-16. In fact. there are no third-party plug-ins available at all in AS-16. I do not know if this is by design or by mistake.
Otherwise there are other many compressor/limiters and volume maximizers available (free or otherwise).

btw, welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users community @j-Drinda.

craig-d wrote on 2/4/2022, 1:53 AM

Hi @j-Drinda! Unfortunately, Wave Hammer is a Pro feature, it's not included in the Audio Studio versions.

j-Drinda wrote on 2/4/2022, 3:40 AM

Thank you craig-d for your disappointing advice. - I wonder if there's another achieving the same result with iZotope or some free VST Apps?

rraud wrote on 2/4/2022, 1:06 PM

I wonder if there's another achieving the same result with iZotope or some free VST Apps?

I am not aware of any that sound the same as the legacy Wave Hammer. Otherwise there are more comp-limiter-maximixers than I can count that are available for free or otherwise. The free and easy to use LoudMax is popular, but it does not sound like WH. I use TDR's 'Limiter No 6' sometimes, which has five stages of comp-limiting, but it does not sound like WH either and may be confusing to non-audio folks,