Help with sound forge 7

jodi-s wrote on 3/26/2021, 5:53 PM

Hi so I have 2 issues.

1. My husband and I both use sound forge 7 for different reasons on separate computers. Seeing how it's a 7 you know how long ago it was. So here is the problem. He misplaced where he put the serial number and activation key. We've moved states twice in the years we been using it and it's a great possibility that I thought it was junk and threw it away years ago

That being the case let me explain why I need 7.

Because I know how to read the statistics page which is what I need when I do narration for people.

I did a trial version of the 10 and well, it's not a 7 and I don't need the bells and whistles of the updated programs

So here is my question.

Can I please please please buy a new serial number and activation code for the 7 because I need to clean my computer really bad and I dare not do it and can't access 7 again.

Also. 2nd question

If I buy 10 can it be used on multiple computers or do I need to buy a whole separate program for each computer.

Please help. I have a client who is sending me audio work in April and I need to get this done

Comments

SP. wrote on 3/26/2021, 6:39 PM

@jodi-s Sony gave Magix all the registration data back when they sold SoundForge. So there could be the possibility that your registration is still available to them. You can ask registration support at infoservice@magix.net for help. Maybe they can find out what your old serial number was. Give them all informationen that could be important to find your old registration like name, address (your old address of course), e-mail.

In case Magix migrated old user accounts to their website and if you still know your old e-mail and password you can try to log in on Magix.com. You should be able to look up your serial under "My products". But I don't know if this will work but it is worth a try.

It should be impossible for you to get a NEW serial for SF 7. The current version is 15. And Magix never produced version 7.

In case you get a new version you can install them on two computers at a time. If you need more than two computers you can also get additional seats for a reduced price.

condex wrote on 3/26/2021, 6:51 PM

If both you and your husband are using the same purchased version of Sound Forge Pro (SFP) 7 which has been installed on two computers, then in your version check Help/About Sound Forge Pro (or similar) - you may find the serial number there. The same serial number would apply to the install on the other computer. I don't recall that Sony products like Sound Forge Pro required an activation code in addition to the serial number.

At the time of SFP's transfer from Sony to MAGIX, registration data including serial numbers was transferred across to MAGIX. If you access My Products on your MAGIX My Account, you should find your serial number there. Of course, you'll need to use the email address and password that was was originally used to register SFP7 with Sony.

Re buying a new licence to SFP7, the only way to do this realistically is search online sales apps like eBay in the hope that someone was such an old product for sale. But be exceptionally cautious about buying a scam or pirate version where the serial number may have been 'sold' many times and thus is unusable.

Re Sound Forge Pro 10, this is now a 9 years plus old and long superseded product from SFP's former owner, Sony. It is no longer available other than by private sale (e.g. eBay etc). The current version of SFP is version 15 https://www.magix.com/us/music/sound-forge/

Other than the 365 versions of SFP, SFP can be installed and used on 2 computers.

If you do decided to purchase SFP15, you may be eligible for upgrade pricing, but you would need to code in your SFP7 serial number to see if you qualify for the upgrade pricing. Please note that upgrade pricing on a serial number is only possibly on one occasion, so if a serial number has already been used for an upgrade, it can't be used again to access upgrade pricing.

rraud wrote on 3/27/2021, 12:11 PM

To retrieve your serial number (and or download), you must log into the Magix Service Center using the same email address that was used when you initially registered Sound Forge 7 with SCS (Sony).. (as was previously stated). The same is true if you go to the SCS archives.

SCS Sound Forge versions can usually be activated on 'more than two' PCs. Magix versions OTOH, are limited to two activations simultaneously (the SF-365 subscription model is for one PC).

If you have your SF-7 serial code and corresponding email address, you are eligible for the upgrade discount pricing to SF-15 (recommended).

Sound Forge 15 is the current build. The SF Pro 15 UI is very similar to SF-7 so there will no be much of a learning curve, OTOH, the low cost SF 'Audio Studio' UI is different. (bizarre IMO).

I would also recommend you avoid purchasing pre-owned versions, due to the aforementioned serial number / email address registration issues. There has also been reports of problems purchasing new from even legitimate third-party sellers like Best Buy, so go directly to Magix.

btw, welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users forum @jodi-s.