[HELP PLEASE] Problems With Track 8

EastCoast wrote on 12/31/2017, 11:58 PM

For some reason, in the free version of Music Maker 25, anything I place in track 8 sounds like a scratched CD, with static and skipping. If I put the same sound bit in another track, it sounds perfectly fine. This issue only occurs in track 8 and with any sound bit I put there. Why is this and how do I fix it? I only have the 8 tracks to work with and now I'm down to only 7 working ones. Please help.

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 1/1/2018, 4:08 AM

Hi.

I seem to remember you posted the same question earlier but clearly received no replies!

However, it is very difficult for other users to suggest possible solutions if they are not experiencing the same problem.

Also, I think we need some clarification from you about exactly how you are setting up your MM sessions and what is the exact trigger for these unacceptable sounds. It is also vital that we have rather more information about your computer, so please read this post and give us ALL the information requested there.

As to your specific problem, you say anything I place in track 8 sounds like a scratched CD, with static and skipping. If I put the same sound bit in another track, it sounds perfectly fine

Can you clarify, are tracks 1 - 7 full or, at least in use, when you place something in track 8? If so, this suggests that your computer cannot handle the output from the 8 tracks simultaneously, hence the request for information about your computer. What type of audio driver are you using?

So, please supply the information requested and then give us a step by step procedure that always, for you, results in these unacceptable sounds. With those details we MAY be able to suggest possible solutions.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam