HELP For real! Independence content online install stuck again

Chris-Stibrany wrote on 12/1/2018, 1:16 PM

quoted for context. please read

I left my PC on over night to download the 70 ish GB of instrument content for Samplitude, the Independence instrument packs. I just got Samplitude Pro X3 Suite from Sweetwater for their sale.

When I checked it the next day it had turned itself off.

The windows log seems to show The Sotware Protection Service started during the night before it turned off. Maybe coincidence.

I opened the programme, opened Independence, was asked to continue previous install, hit Continue, and My Install is stuck on 3599/3639 Skipping Independence Content Image File 36.ytif.

I hit cancel, close everything, open up just the install prog from Independence, hit Continue from Online, it skips all the old files but then gets stuck on File 36 again and wont continue. I don't want to lose my progress. Please help!

OS is Windows 8.1 on an AMD 6 core cpu at 3.8ghz w 16gbn ram.

thanks! :(

Chris-Stibrany

wrote on 11/30/2018, 7:19 PM

Nevermind I fixed it....I cut and pasted the offending file from the library folder to the desktop and now it is redownloading the offending file and will continue on. One hopes. So I only lost 800MB...,

OK SO

I came back to where my PC is again today and ONCE AGAIN it is stuck at File 36 despite starting with a fresh copy of that file from the server.

Is there something wrong with that particular file on the server? Component 3599/3639

Can anyone please help me? I can't use the instruments from Independence until this full install/download finishes.

thank you

Comments

Will-Kenworthy wrote on 12/1/2018, 3:08 PM

Wow, I also had a long download last couple days. When my computer went into hibernation (while I slept) it just started up again when I woke it up.

Have you tried deleting that file out of the image folder? maybe it's stuck there because it is corrupted, or the software protection service is stopping that particular file from downloading for the same reason?

If it skips it I have it. Magix Customer support should be able to get it to you to you ....

Let me know, I'll follow the post. I'll help .....

Will

Chris-Stibrany wrote on 12/1/2018, 3:35 PM

Thanks man. So I found a folder I didn't see before it was a temp folder near the Library files.

I deleted it, which contained the .part of the next file, number 37. And when I restarted it installed 36, and started Downloading 37 then I had to leave.

So I think I got over the bump . I will have to check tonight or tomorrow.(using other's net BC I don't have high speed).

Thanks!

Will-Kenworthy wrote on 12/3/2018, 11:10 PM

How did you end up? Hope you got it all downloaded. Took me a day and a half to get it all, lol.

Let us know, and mark the post resolved if it is .....

Will