headphones not working plugged directly into computer samplitude pro

Don-P wrote on 4/15/2021, 2:55 PM

I just upgraded from MMM Premium to Samplitude Pro X5 with latest updates. When using MMM, I can plug my headphones directly into my laptop and hear the audio without any USB interface. However, when I open Samplitude with my headphones plugged directly into my computer, the sound comes from my computer speakers and not through the headphones. I've tried to look at past forums for this but could not find anything that fixed the problem. I do admit this was quite the jump up in DAW for me so I hope it is a simple set-up. I'm currently set to ASIO Magix low latency driver in the audio set-up. Maybe there is a monitor setting I'm missing somewhere. Please help as I can't wait to use this advanced software. Thanks!

Comments

SP. wrote on 4/15/2021, 3:41 PM

@Don-P Please open the advanced driver settings for Magix Low Latency and activate your headphones there.

This is how it looks for me. I have activated my laptops Realtek audio outputs (speakers and headphones).You need to activate the light blue button in front of your audio output in case it is not activated.

You can also make a screenshot of your settings. This would be very helpful for us to find a solution in case this doesn't work for you.

Don-P wrote on 4/15/2021, 5:08 PM

You pointed me in the right direction. What I realized was that I had both the speaker and the headphone checked and therefore the speaker was always over riding the headphones. I did not realize I had to uncheck the speaker to allow the signal to go through the headphones. I just assumed the system would sense that I plugged in headphones and would do that automatically. I am so grateful for your help. I have been trying to figure this out for over a week and resorted to using a poor quality bluetooth speak just to be able to even try to use/learn the program. You have my deepest respect and gratitude for your assistance. I feel silly it was something so simple. Thank you so much!

SP. wrote on 4/15/2021, 5:24 PM

@Don-P I'm glad it helped.

I just assumed the system would sense that I plugged in headphones and would do that automatically

Yeah, that is usually the case. Maybe your audio driver isn't configured correctly or your audio driver cannot do this. For my Realtek audio chip there is also a program called Realtek HD Audio-Manager installed on my computer where I can set up everything.