Comments

emmrecs wrote on 6/10/2023, 9:58 AM

@chris-woods7180

Have you made sure that each VSTi is set to use a different MIDI channel? And that your keyboard is transmitting ONLY on the channel you have set for the specific VSTi?

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

SP. wrote on 6/10/2023, 10:04 AM

@chris-woods7180 Please open the program settings and click on the Audio/MIDI tab. Is your keyboard selected as the MIDI output? If yes, then MIDI might get send back to your keyboard into your new recording.

Next, if you record audio but not MIDI please check the settings of your audio interface. Usually, there is an audio loopback option in its driver settings or a switch on the interface itself. You need to disable it.

chris-woods7180 wrote on 6/10/2023, 1:55 PM

@chris-woods7180

Have you made sure that each VSTi is set to use a different MIDI channel? And that your keyboard is transmitting ONLY on the channel you have set for the specific VSTi?

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Thanks I will check on this.

chris-woods7180 wrote on 6/10/2023, 1:55 PM

@chris-woods7180 Please open the program settings and click on the Audio/MIDI tab. Is your keyboard selected as the MIDI output? If yes, then MIDI might get send back to your keyboard into your new recording.

Next, if you record audio but not MIDI please check the settings of your audio interface. Usually, there is an audio loopback option in its driver settings or a switch on the interface itself. You need to disable it.

Thank you..I will look into this also.

chris-woods7180 wrote on 6/17/2023, 11:49 AM

Problem worked out!

Tried both suggestions and still the same….I stumbled onto this….once I record a midi track with the two sounds and then come out of recording …The problem goes away.

wierd?

Thanks for your help!