gary numan type of synth??

Former user wrote on 10/1/2021, 2:45 PM

hey there everybody. can someone help direct me to something i can maybe purchase to help create the sound of a gary numan type of synth? i’m talking about songs like..

gary numan- cars

gary numan- remind me to smile

im kinda a beginner but i’m really trying to recreate that synth sound and add it too my music with my own solos etc. thanks so much!!

if i have to purchase an instrument or something that sounds like this that is fine i just need to know which one is best to get me there to recreating this type of sound.

Comments

Graham-Hawker wrote on 10/1/2021, 3:19 PM

Gary often used Minimoogs and Polymoogs. There are VST instruments that recreate these. The Cherry Audio Polymode even has a Gary Numan Cars preset patch. And it's cheap. Cherry Audio do decent instruments.Of course you'll need to learn how to create the sounds on these instruments.

Former user wrote on 10/1/2021, 3:22 PM

Gary often used Minimoogs and Polymoogs. There are VST instruments that recreate these. The Cherry Audio Polymode even has a Gary Numan Cars preset patch. And it's cheap. Cherry Audio do decent instruments.Of course you'll need to learn how to create the sounds on these instruments.

thank you!