Frozen with blank "Automatic feature download and installation"

mometek wrote on 12/30/2021, 1:04 PM

It's been over a week, and I haven't been able to use Magix Music Maker 2022. Part of the problem was the firewall, which I fixed by downloading ZoneAlarm and disabling Windows firewall. Then gave permission to Magix and "QtWebEngineProcess.exe"

This did seem to take care of a lot of problems, but after running the program for a few minutes, I got a blank dialogue box titled: "Automatic feature download and installation." No button, no status bar, just a blank white box and a title.

I suspect that it's due to poor internet, as everyone and their grandmother is trying out their new gaming system/phone/computer/tablet which all have to update at the same time. But just in case there's another solution, I would like to know. I'm anxious to get started, it looks great!

Thanks for your time!

Edition    Windows 10 Home
Version    20H2
Installed on    ‎10/‎9/‎202
OS build    19042.1415
Experience    Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0
---

Processor    AMD A12-9720P RADEON R7, 12 COMPUTE CORES 4C+8G   2.70 GHz
Installed RAM    16.0 GB (15.4 GB usable)

System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch    Touch support with 10 touch points

Comments

SP. wrote on 12/30/2021, 1:15 PM

@mometek Have you tried to temporarily disable all the firewalls and antivirus softwares? Music Maker download a lot of files in the background that could be deleted by such programs if they are not configured correctly.

Are you using a notebook with an external monitor? White windows can appear if you close the lid of your notebook. Windows may then disable graphic acceleration to save energy. But most of the user interface is not visible without graphic acceleration.

mometek wrote on 12/30/2021, 1:23 PM

@mometek Have you tried to temporarily disable all the firewalls and antivirus softwares? Music Maker download a lot of files in the background that could be deleted by such programs if they are not configured correctly.

Well, I figured that, but I gave Magix and all of its secondary files Super-permission on ZoneAlarm. Windows Firewall is disabled.

Are you using a notebook with an external monitor? White windows can appear if you close the lid of your notebook. Windows may then disable graphic acceleration to save energy. But most of the user interface is not visible without graphic acceleration.

No, it's an HP laptop with a built-in monitor, although I haven't checked into graphics acceleration (I'll try that next). I do make sure that Music maker is closed before I put my system to sleep as I've had problems with sleep and hibernate with older versions.

johnebaker wrote on 12/30/2021, 2:23 PM

@mometek

Hi

. . . . I do make sure that Music maker is closed before I put my system to sleep as I've had problems with sleep and hibernate with older versions . . . .

i agree with @SP. hcmment - optting the system to sleep may be the cause of the issue syou re having .

Regularly putting a computer to sleep/hibernate for long periods, ie greater than the Windows power saving time outs before hardware is 'turned off', is not recommended.

Best practice is to do a full shutdown at least after every session of usage, and always at the end of the day.

Try doing a full Restart of the laptop - this will ensure any updates to/from Windows, drivers etc are reloaded.

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

mometek wrote on 1/22/2022, 3:04 PM

Okay, it's been a while, so here's the update. Irl stuff happened that preventing me from doing anything about this for a while. I came back, turned off my firewall, shut the computer off then rebooted (several times), reinstalled Music Maker, (also several times), and uninstalling anything that I haven't used in a while that might vaguely conflict with the software, I *STILL* cannot get it to work - Worse still, today, I signed out and now I can't even sign back in.

It's frustrating to own a product for three months, only to have full access to it for only a few hours (total) only to have it to freeze up - unable to access it again.

SP. wrote on 1/22/2022, 4:02 PM

@mometek Try going into the program settings and click on the button to clean up the store. You can also reset the program settings under the File > Settings menu.

mometek wrote on 1/25/2022, 10:36 AM

I did a fresh install. Tried again this morning, hit "join" to log in - it crashed - stuck on the login page. Can't even get to the settings.

It may be something else. I'll be doing a refresh on my computer system, but it may be up to a week before I'm back on again.

SP. wrote on 1/25/2022, 11:09 AM

@mometek A fresh install of Windows 10 could be a good idea. Maybe there is a problem with your graphics driver. And you don't need something like Zone Alarm. An up-to-date Windows 10 with the standard Windows Defender running for safety is fine.

mometek wrote on 3/9/2022, 5:00 PM

I know it's been a while, but a windows refresh did it. By the time I had everything working, I completely forgot about this thread.

Thanks for your help.