Fresh install of Samplitude still pulling up old settings

ChilCrazy wrote on 1/13/2024, 10:07 PM

I'm trying to fix a problem I am having and I have deleted every instance or thing that says magix samplitude, etc. However when I re-install Samplitude pro x3 and open it, all of my previous files are still there the same. it still has what audio card I have, what midi settings were there, even pulls up my initial serial number. Like how the heck does a fresh install still know my old settings even the knows the last project I opened. I need a completely fresh install that has no idea what I used before. Why is it not doing this?

Comments

SP. wrote on 1/14/2024, 3:39 AM

@ChilCrazy In the Samplitude System Settings there is an option to import/export the settings. There you'll also find the option to load the standard settings.

ChilCrazy wrote on 1/14/2024, 11:27 AM

I did find that option and tried it as well, but did'nt fix the issue I was having. I want to be able to delete every instance of magix samplitude and when I install it fresh it has no clue what my old settings were. I don't understand how it knows my previous settings when I do a fresh install. When I have a fresh install it still shows what vsti's were there, and all my midi settings and audio. I want to load the new install and it has no idea what my plugins or midi settings were, otherwise it's not fixing my issue. which here is the issue. ( if I load just Kontakt 7 instruments(instruments both play as soon as I choose them) in Samplitude pro x3, save the project, close Samplitude, then when I go to restart Samplitude and open up the project the Kontakt instruments pop up but play no sound. If I hit the piano keys on the virtual instrument it shows the meter moving and even if I use the midi keyboard it shows its all still hooked up properly but no sound from instruments. Now the only way the sound comes back is if on the Kontakt instrument I reload that instrument and then it plays sound as it should. The problem is it does not just open the project and play all instruments without re adding the instrument is that say I have 20 instruments. I cant sit there everytime I re open my project I have to go through each instrument individually to turn back on. The VSTi instruments that come standard with Samplitude do open up playing automatically though. I've deleted and re installed both Samplitude and Kontakt and it still opens the project wrong. It use to not give me this problem so I'm not sure why all of a sudden its doing it. Side note, I downloaded Samplitude Pro X8 demo just to see if it did that and it did'nt. Samplitude proX8 demo automatically loaded and played the instruments as it should do. This is why I think it's some stupid setting I don't know about in Samplitude Prox3. Like I said, I use to not have this problem.

johnebaker wrote on 1/14/2024, 11:52 AM

@ChilCrazy

Hi

. . . . I want to be able to delete every instance of magix samplitude and when I install it fresh it has no clue what my old settings were. . . .

That is usually because the settings are created on first run of the program, in which case the uninstaller knows nothing about them, so cannot uninstall them.

Try using Revo Uninstaller Free.

Run Revo, select the installed Samplitude app(s) and uninstall, this will launch the programs uninstaller, if asked if you want to retain user settings

Once the uninstaller has finished Revo will scan for leftover, files, folders and registry entries, delete those that belong to Samplitude.

Reboot your computer - ie the Restart power option not a shutdown/powerup.

Re-install Samplitude.

HTH

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

SP. wrote on 1/14/2024, 12:25 PM

@ChilCrazy This could be an incompatibility between the new Kontakt 7 and the old version of Samplitude Pro X3. I additionally recommend that you freeze all tracks before saving the project and unfreezing them only if you want to edit the MIDI.

Old versions of Samplitude have problems with VST3. In that case, use VST2 plugins. They should work without problems. As far as I know, the VST2 of Kontakt is no longer available.