FREQUENT CRASHES/PROGRAM GLITCHES THAT IMPEDE WORKFLOW

AXEL_ORBIS wrote on 12/5/2020, 9:41 PM

MAGIX MUSIC MAKER 2021 PREMIUM (Brand new download December 2020)

Here are the computer specs:

AMD A8-7410 APU with AMD Radeon R5 Graphics @ 2.20GHz, 12.0GB RAM (10.9 useable)

PROBLEM:

- Auto Saves While Plug-in's are Open in edit mode and in Playback - Caused a glitch/frozen auto save function.

- SOLUTION: Click on the plug-in knobs continuously until the save completes (Small percentages load at a time per click)

-IMPROVEMENT: Change the code to give priority to the plug-in and delay the auto save until after the plug-in is closed, OR, Alter the code to understand and not glitch when plug-ins are open.

Suggestion: DENY PROGRAM ACCESS TO AUTO SAVE FEATURE WHEN IN PLAYBACK MODE and PLUG-INS ARE OPEN.

PROBLEM:

-Orange Vocoder causes program to crash! - When slicing a vocal track into multiple parts to alter the pitch of each, the program will crash instantly upon playback. This happened twice. I realize I could just stop trying to use the vocoder, but it's in the program, so why not make it work flawlessly? No other plug-ins in use and the track was in solo mode. Here is the crash report:

EXCEPTION CODE: xC0000005,

DESCRIPTION: ACCESS_VIOLATION - What does this mean?

THREAD NAME: MuMa Location

MODULE: ntdll.dll

Working through a USB 3.0 Port off of a 1 TB SSD Drive, Should the project files be moved into the computer to improve file speed & communication with the program?

---There have also been various other glitches:---

-MASTER FADER VOLUME DOESN'T RESPOND AFTER FX ARE APPLIED TO MASTER TRACK CHANNEL, Restarted program and reloaded project, no improvement. Magic setting?

-UNDO steps reverse inconsistently, Noticed this last night, undo's not always apparent, double check code. a helpful feature would be if the program highlighted previous selected track when undoing a step so we know where were at.

-TIME\PITCH SHIFT was automatically applied to project files imported from 2014 version of Magix. These parameters were not originally there, Incompatible? It seems that the Metronome/Tempo information didn't translate or wasn't embeded to the project file - does not happen for all projects, will try again. After slicing/spliting clips that have been pitch shifted, program gets confused and shifts the starting point of the track out of sync with the rest of the project - when adjusting/dragging end of clips to trim them.  POTENTIAL IMPROVEMENT: Lock Track feature, or fix the code, or just make sure there is no pitch shifting/Time stretching activated while you are spliting/slicing.

-SIGN IN TO ACCOUNT AT PROGRAM OPENING: I realize this is a safety and security feature to protect your company against piracy and I'm cool with that, but the program should remember the computer it's signed into and been activated on so that you don't have to "check in" on the internet every time you want to record something or load a project. With an ADOBE Subscription, it requires that you check back in about once a month to ensure that the subscription is current.

-Programs like NATIVE INSTRUMENTS place a temp file key in the programs install folder that is only available on the activated computer, it never asks you again for the product registration key code after activation: Does not impede work flow.

SUGGESTION:

-Alter the code to remember the computer the product is signed in on so that when the power goes out and there is no internet we can sill make music!

-LIMIT THE PRODUCT KEY TO ONE (or two) COMPUTERS from the same i.p. address TO ENSURE THERE IS NO PIRACY OR ILLEGAL SHARING.

I do Love Magix, the features are great and I have created some really cool music on it, I just wish these bugs could be fixed for everyone's sake and improved creative workflow in the future!!! I just spent an hour and a half writing this instead of shredding.

I hope this helps! I will be back with more glitch discoveries and suggestions.

Thank you &_Peace to all_

P.s. Right when I tried to send this It asked me to sign in again (I AM ALREADY SIGNED IN) and deleted my entire post, good thing I was able to back up and copy/paste it. Please fix the glitches.

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 12/6/2020, 4:52 AM

@AXEL_ORBIS

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums, so not a contact for any Magix staff.

Other users may wish to comment on the points you make but your only method of raising the issues direct with Magix Support is via the creation of a ticket.

Also, please do not post in CAPITALS, even for a thread title. In forum etiquette it is viewed as the equivalent of SHOUTING, which is likely to put off potential fellow-users who might otherwise wish to reply.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

browj2 wrote on 12/6/2020, 9:31 PM

@AXEL_ORBIS

Hi,

Good points. Some of us will check to see if we have the same problems. I have only tried once, but I was able to open MMM with everything, off-line. I'll try again.

Could you please do 2 things:

1. Number your points (suspected bugs, improvements) to make them easier to discuss and track;
  2. Indicate exactly which version you are using - see under Help, About.

Note that there is a list of bugs shown at the top of this forum. You should also consult this list. Once your points have been confirmed by others, John EB will likely add them to the list and advise Magix.

Grrrr about the timeout. It seems to be much longer than about a year ago, but is still annoying. I suggest always doing a Select all, copy before clicking on comment in case it doesn't work.

I had one comment the other night that I lost when my Surface Pro suddenly decided that it was tired and shut down. My Select all, copy, went poof as well.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

AXEL_ORBIS wrote on 12/21/2020, 3:54 PM

Thank you for your responses. This is where the program directed me, so I figured you could help make a change. Take no offense to the CAPS, will join in with the accepted etiquette.

1 - The version of Magix I am using is (64-Bit) 29.0.4.25

2 - Every single time I have the program open it crashes. Does anyone else have this same problem?

3 - I'm trying to figure out why this is happening, going to contact Magix directly.

4 - Is there a better, bug free version of music maker available? 🤑

johnebaker wrote on 4/24/2021, 4:00 PM

@AXEL_ORBIS

Hi

Did you get a response from Magix Support regarding the crashing with the Orange Vocoder and the muma location error?

The solution would be much appreciated, we have another user with the MuMa Location issue.

Thanks

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Eleyan wrote on 8/31/2022, 5:06 AM

I have the same problem. 1st time user of Orange Vocoder and it works brilliantly, until the finall section of the song and the lag is so extreme, the whole end of the song is useless. It crashes /hangs.

I see the suggestion below, and I will try it next. I am using Windows 11, MMM64bit Premium 2021

DENY PROGRAM ACCESS TO AUTO SAVE FEATURE WHEN IN PLAYBACK MODE and PLUG-INS ARE OPEN.

So, I tried the fix, it work 50% better, but on playback in MMM project mode was still faulty, but the song saved okay.

Last changed by Eleyan on 8/31/2022, 6:23 AM, changed a total of 3 times.

If it isn't broke and it isn't working, maybe it doesn't exist.    

"Existential Standards:  Essential for the Modern Man of Today"

johnebaker wrote on 8/31/2022, 12:16 PM

@Eleyan

Hi

If you are getting the 'MuMa Location' error message, and you are using an External audio interface see this comment.

HTH

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.