Frames in "picture in picture"

pat-m98 wrote on 11/13/2015, 1:32 PM

I have MEP 2016 Premium. 

I am in the timeline. I am doing a picture in picture. I have one pic  in the Background with three entering ontop of the backgroud pic.  How do I put frames around the three pics I am adding into my background pic? I have the effects done, with the three pics zooming in and out but can't seem to get a frame around the smaller pics. 

I did go into effects, Lens correction and used the Section/Zoom slide to get a black frame on one of the smnaller pics but...... there has to be another way ...so I can change the colors on the frames??? 

Comments

browj2 wrote on 11/13/2015, 3:19 PM

Hi Pat,

What kind of frame would you like? There are some under Effects, Design elements, Image objects, Border. Select one, place it on the image, resize it and move it to properly cover your image. Then have the image and border fly in together. Copy the animation keyframes from the image to the border.

Alternatively, you can create your own borders using a graphics program.

Last changed by browj2 on 11/13/2015, 3:19 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

pat-m98 wrote on 11/13/2015, 3:41 PM

I tried that and the borders keep going to my background pic??   I have the proper pic highlighted??

pat-m98 wrote on 11/13/2015, 4:08 PM

OMGawd...I just figured it out. Thanks.

If you only knew what I was trying to do?? lol....I do keep myself amuzed....

pat-m98 wrote on 11/13/2015, 4:16 PM

ok i knew it wasnt going to be that easy?   How do I get a square pic into a rectangular border? I feel like a kid?  I tried moving everything.. big, small, both pic and border?? Wheres the magic tool?

Well,  I just tried to enlarge pic to fit screen, now my pic fits the border, but how do I get both Pic and Border to minimize together?  Ok...I did it.... man.... there must be an easier way?

No...Im sorry Im missing something?  I got my small pic with border to fit, now I want to give it some effects, zooming in and out off of my background pic,....I can't do the small pic and border together at same time.  Am I suppose to lock the pic and the border together or something so that when I do effects with it, they move together?

sorry i keep editing this , but I read your reply again.....I  don't know what this means "copy the animation keyframes from the image to the border"???

I watched alot of tutorials on what I am doing (having a background pic with 2 or 3 pictures flying in and out) but I can't find any tutorials on adding the boders to the flying pics?  Time for you to do one.....I just can't figure it out

browj2 wrote on 11/13/2015, 7:31 PM

Hi Pat,

Here is a video that may help you - quick and dirty. There are 2 parts, one with a border that is the same proportions as my image, the second with an image quite different from the border. The latter one is much more manual.

Hope the video works.

Last changed by browj2 on 11/13/2015, 7:31 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

pat-m98 wrote on 11/14/2015, 6:47 AM

ok great , Now I understand keyframes and copy/paste size/positions to other objects

I followed the "first" step (not the second) of the demo and worked great ....I have my background pic with a long time frame.  I have one pic flying in from the bottom right to the centre of my background pic with a border, and another flying in from the top right corner.

FYI: i was getting frustrated because I was having issues trying to get my second pic to fly in (just to find out my hands were working faster than my computer, I was rushing and the computer wasn't keeping up)....So....what i did was, I made my first pic fly in and I copied and pasted my first pic size/postion to my second pic and it worked. But...I went back to doing it properly and having them fly in from different corners.

Great, thanks again for your help. This was a "major major" fix for me. Now I can sleep tonight and rest from the tutorials.. lol