Extremely slow running on laptop

Piotr-Grzywacz wrote on 12/22/2022, 1:30 PM

Hi, i've installed Music Maker on desktop and it works very fine.

I've installed Music Maker on stron laptop:

11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11850H @ 2.50GHz   2.50 GHz, 32 GB RAM

and i can't use program, because it's lagging. It works so slow that it is impossible to work. Do you have similar problems?

How I can solve it?

Comments

SP. wrote on 12/22/2022, 3:06 PM

@Piotr-Grzywacz Try running Music Maker as administrator by right clicking the shortcut program icon.

One user reported that this behavior was caused by the security software used, in this case Comodo security suite.

Another user had a screen reader app that made Music Maker unresponsiv. The cause for this problem is not really clear at this moment. Running as administrator helps often.

Other audio software developers like Steinberg also reported problems with their software and modern Intel Core processors which have fast p-cores and slow e-cores. Sometimes the program gets shifted to the slow e-cores. Then it only helps to disable the e-cores in UEFI/BIOS or via the Windows Task Manager.

If you are running Windows 11 check that the Windows settings, Accessibility, Text Cursor, Text cursor indicator is turned off. Some users have reported that this is turned on after a Windows update and it is known to interfere with some programs.

Piotr-Grzywacz wrote on 12/23/2022, 3:03 AM

Thank you, it seems that i had enabled Text cursor. After I disabled it, Magix seems to work fine. Thanks for help