ExpressFX audio restoration module

Jaroslav wrote on 7/23/2022, 7:51 AM

Hello,I have a Vegas Pro 18.0 and I’m searching for plugin “expressfx audio restoration” that used to be in vegas in earlier versions, as far as I know. But I can’t find it there. Is it still there or is it a part of SOUND FORGE Pro now and it’s not in Vegas by default?

So my questions basically are - what do I have to do these days to get this module? Is there another module available in Vegas Pro 18 which allows to get rid of (dial down) certain noises like a microphone white noise that it picks up?

Thank you for the info.

Comments

rraud wrote on 7/23/2022, 10:04 AM

That was basic noise reduction plug-in tools included with Sound Forge Audio Studio, which could also be used in Vegas. I do not exactly recall if or what version of Sound Forge was included with VP-18,, but SF Pro included the more advanced Noise Reduction Pack (aka, NR 2.0) and iZotope's RX Elements. However.. the iZotope plug-ins were not included in the Vegas package deal.

FWIW, The SF Pro Suite also includes SpectraLayers Pro, which IMO is worth the cost of upgrading to the SFP Suite. If you already have a version of Sound Forge, you can get the upgrade discount price,

btw, welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users community @Jaroslav.