Exporting Regions to WAV Files in SFAS 365 14

Lawrence-Wilson wrote on 11/4/2020, 9:17 PM

I am trying out Sound Forge Audio Studio 365 for 3 months to see if I want to pay for the full version to use as my primary tool for recording vinyl. For the most part I like the program, however one particular area is extremely vexing.

I can't find a way to export regions to separate WAV files to bring into iTunes for encoding. Am I missing where this would be in the program, or does SFAS 14 not have that option?

I realize that this sort of functionality is available by using the Vinyl Restoration Assistant, but the end result is a 16-bit WAV file, and I would like to maintain everything in native 24-bit.

Comments

rraud wrote on 11/5/2020, 10:11 AM

Welcome to the Magix Sound Forge community @Lawrence-Wilson

I am not familiar with the AS (Audio Studio) version (or 365 subscription model which I assume it is the same.)

In Sound Forge Pro the "Extract Regions" command is in the Tools menu. SF AS 'may' be similar to Pro. Hopefully someone with AS can elaborate ,, @Poinzy?

Former user wrote on 11/5/2020, 10:38 AM

I think this is it:

Define the region > Copy > Edit > Paste Special > Paste To New.

You should have a new track in the editing window. Then you can do whatever you want with the track for iTunes.

Lawrence-Wilson wrote on 11/5/2020, 1:52 PM

So there's nothing more automated and less cumbersome? I find it strange that something like that wouldn't be included.

Former user wrote on 11/5/2020, 1:56 PM

So there's nothing more automated and less cumbersome? I find it strange that something like that wouldn't be included.

Not in a basic program like this. AS doesn't even have batch processing. Go figure. I think Reaper will actually cut files into individual regions automatically, but I haven't tried it.