Export sound with APU_ModerEQ_x64

Tomasz-Szwej wrote on 6/18/2023, 7:51 AM

When I try to export the sound to the WAV format, the program crashes. Sometimes I manage to export it, but the sound quality is terrible, even though it sounded fine within the program. From my observations, it seems that the issue arises from using the FX: 'APU_ModerEQ_x64'.

My PC:

Sound Card: Audient iD4 (external)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600

GPU: Geforce rtx 4070 ti

Ram: 32GB DDr4

Windows 10 64 Bit

Comments

SP. wrote on 6/19/2023, 6:50 AM

@Tomasz-Szwej The crash could be caused by your audio driver settings.

In the Music Maker program settings select the Audio/MIDI tab and select an ASIO driver. If you don't have an audio interface with ASIO drivers you can select the Music Maker ASIO driver that comes with Music Maker.

Then click on the Advanced button to open the driver settings. Here you can select the input and output. Most computers have a Realtek Audio chipset, so select Realtek as the input and output.

If you have selected some Bluetooth headsets or speakers you might get performance or stability problems.

Next select a large buffer size to reduce computing load, for example 2048 samples. You can also try to reduce it to 1024 samples or 512 samples or even lower, as long as your computer can handle it.

In case of a bad sounding file after export you need to check your Windows sound settings for enabled "enhancements", like EQs. The exported file should sound completely identical.