Error when recalling saved Projects

Captain_Clutch wrote on 2/4/2018, 1:02 PM

Hi all,

I have a music project that I have worked all day on, saved it and then tried to load the saved project and was presented with the error in the screenshots. It then fails to play certain MIDI files and even knocks them out of time; has anyone had the same trouble with this or any similar experience? All the files in the song are MIDI files, there is no WAV and the full song is visible in the screenshots. Never had this problem before until adding more complex MIDI tracks in.

Computer: HP, 2.40 GHz Quad Core i7 Processor, 8GB DDR4 RAM, Windows 10 64-Bit. The computer is new and sufficient for the program to my knowledge.

Anti Virus: McAfee 2018

MMM Edition: Latest Premium Edition

Many thanks,

- Charlie

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 2/5/2018, 9:14 AM

Hi

The project file is most likely corrupt. You may be able to recover it from the auto backups these will be in the same folder as the project file - an example of the backup files is below.

Note the numerical order does not indicate which is the latest, you need to look at the creation date/time of the backup file.

The second screen shot would indicate that you have MMM running twice is this correct?

If you had 2 instances of MMM running at the same time, you should have had a warning about this, when the original project was created it is likely that this has corrupted the project.

HTH

John EB

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Captain_Clutch wrote on 2/5/2018, 11:50 AM

Hi John,

I don't have two instances of MMM running, I was just showing a before and after error. How do files become corrupted?

Many thanks,

- Charlie

emmrecs wrote on 2/6/2018, 3:32 AM

How do files become corrupted?

I suspect that if any of us knew the answer to that question we might make a fortune by providing a "fail-safe" method of avoiding such corruption! In all honesty, it is impossible to say why any particular file becomes corrupted, since the corruption itself is almost certainly created when writing data to disc, which could be due to Windows or another app on your computer, e.g. antivirus or firewall "getting in the way"; a fault on the actual drive to which the data is being written; even some sort of external electrical interference, etc., etc., etc..

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam