error not an hd project my sound card is

damon-b wrote on 2/23/2022, 1:50 PM

i had every version of magix music maker from early 2000s till now i am a live instrument recorder i use real instruments i have a behringer404 u-phoria umc 404 hd sound card past 3 magixs studios have this problem ill get a recording going then it will be awsome then will crash with error not an hd project loose every thing so dont realy want make any thing cause it will just crash any ways eventualy

Comments

SP. wrote on 2/23/2022, 6:52 PM

@damon-b If you load an audio file into a Music Maker project the program will create a HDP file with the same filename in the same directory to save temporary data. I would guess that something goes wrong here that breaks the HDP file and crashes the program.

Are you maybe running an antivirus software that doesn't like it, if these HDP files are created and tries to delete them?

damon-b wrote on 2/27/2022, 12:10 PM

@damon-b If you load an audio file into a Music Maker project the program will create a HDP file with the same filename in the same directory to save temporary data. I would guess that something goes wrong here that breaks the HDP file and crashes the program.

Are you maybe running an antivirus software that doesn't like it, if these HDP files are created and tries to delete them?

no i can record fine when useing vandal or other features it will crash say not an hd project also when save recordings as project say i record a bass line the recordings get mixed up wit other projects when you save

damon-b wrote on 2/27/2022, 12:13 PM

no i can record fine when useing vandal or other features it will crash say not an hd project also when save recordings as project say i record a bass line the recordings get mixed up wit other projects when you save

nothing blocking it its just alwys crashed even when i let magix tec team try to fix thru an app no joy

SP. wrote on 2/27/2022, 4:43 PM

@damon-b Disable all your antivirus software/firewalls/Windows Defender temporarily and try again. This sounds like something is interfering with the HDP files.

damon-b wrote on 2/28/2022, 5:59 AM

@damon-b Disable all your antivirus software/firewalls/Windows Defender temporarily and try again. This sounds like something is interfering with the HDP files.

already said dont have any on

SP. wrote on 2/28/2022, 6:40 AM

@damon-b Ok, please contact technical support. I think they need to look on your computer to find out what is going on.

https://www.magix.info/us/support/article/how-do-i-contact-technical-support--1513/