Error code: -14 when attempting to activate Audio Cleaning Lab

Jeffery-Rowley wrote on 11/16/2021, 9:58 AM

I am having an issue when attempting to activate Audio Cleaning Lab. I had to purchase an upgrade for my version of Audio Cleaning Lab even though I already had the product installed on my computer along with Magix Music Maker and Sound Forge Audio Studio 14. They all mysteriously disappeared from my computer last week. I did not delete them and there was no trace at all of having been installed. It has been installed on my computer for several years. Anyway. I installed the latest versions last night and had no problem with Audio Lab 14 for the activation. This morning I attempted to do the same for Audio Cleaning Lab 14 and got this error message. I cut and pasted the serial number into the form. I also manually typed the number into the field provided. The iLok portion was successful for the add-on VST items.

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 11/16/2021, 11:56 AM

@Jeffery-Rowley

Hi

. . . . Error code: -14 when attempting to activate Audio Cleaning Lab . . . .  I installed the latest versions last night  . . .

The error code means you are putting a valid MAGIX serial number into the wrong MAGIX product or version/edition, in this case it sounds like you are trying to to activate Audio Cleaning Lab 15 with the 14 serial number.

You should be able to download ACL 14 from your account at magix.com - see under My Products after logging in there.

. . . . They all mysteriously disappeared from my computer last week . . . .

Was there a Windows update just before they disappeared and did you have to do anything unusual after it?

Were the program installed on the C: (System) drive ?

Can you clarify what you did to find the programs eg were icons gone from the Start menu or Desktop, were they to be seen in Windows Settings, Apps etc.

John EB
Forum Moderator

Last changed by johnebaker on 11/16/2021, 11:57 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Jeffery-Rowley wrote on 11/16/2021, 12:21 PM

Thank you for your response - The product is Audio Cleaning Lab 3. I did an upgrade to version 3 from version 2. I installed 2 first. The serial number is procured from the E-mail confirmation letter that was sent over night.

Yes, there were two Windows updates recently. On all 7 of my Windows 10 Pro computers. Two computers were rendered unusable because apparently the update did not support the motherboard/computer configuration. No post at all even though they were fine the day before and I cannot go back with the installation. The MB was newer but possibly more than 5 years old.

Yes the programs for SoundForge are installed normally and located on the C:\\ Drive in the Program Folder for 64-bit installations.

The folders and everything associated with the SoundForge applications were gone and not in the recycle bin. The icons included were missing from my desktop screen and Windows had rearranged itself after the upgrade. In fact the icons never stay where I put them even with advanced measures taken to make sure that they do not get re-arranged. (I have a 30 year background in IT). Two of my computers are never, ever on the network because they both control musical instrument applications that cannot upgrade the system and both of those computers have installed and somehow downloaded updates despite zero network or wireless connections.
It is the computer that I run my Virtual Pipe Organ on that was almost $10,000.00 that was rendered useless and it cost me more than $8,000.00 to replace that computer with one that has a lesser profile. Microsoft is zero help and you can only get an AI help system or they tell you to un-install Wiindows and install from scratch the OS. That is ridiculous especially since the computers will not post or beep.

johnebaker wrote on 11/16/2021, 1:43 PM

@Jeffery-Rowley

Hi

. . . . Audio Cleaning Lab 3. I did an upgrade to version 3 from version 2. I installed 2 first. The serial number is procured from the E-mail confirmation letter that was sent over night. . . . .

Were you trying activate ACL 2 with the ACL3 serial number or vice versa? In either case this would give the error message you received

. . . . Two computers were rendered unusable because apparently the update did not support the motherboard/computer configuration. . . .

Did all the computers update to Windows 11?

. . . . Two of my computers are never, ever on the network because they both control musical instrument applications that cannot upgrade the system and both of those computers have installed and somehow downloaded updates despite zero network or wireless connections.. . . .

There are only 2 ways a computer could update/upgrade Windows - via an online Internet connection, or manually, ie the updates downloaded on another PC and put on, for example, a memory stick for installation on the none connected PC's.

If you were relying on a disabled network interface to keep them offline, and the PC's were still connected by cable to the network, this is not a permanent/secure solution, if Windows encounters an issue on startup it may, either automatically or request the user to run hardware troubleshooter(s), and reset the computer hardware.

John EB

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Jeffery-Rowley wrote on 11/16/2021, 6:11 PM

Hello,

I guess the problem solved itself. BUT...I have to 'authenticate' every time I have opened the software. Perhaps the 'sale.' transaction was out of synch with the auto e-mail server. i.e. they sent the approved serial number before the servers had realized there was a complete purchase. It is still baffling to have to authenticate every-time especally since the iLOK add-on's behave fine.

About the Windows 10 PC's. No did not upgrade to Windows 11, just the latest update for Windows 10. These computers do not have 'network settings' disabled, but it physically has never been connected with a wire and/or wireless fob. Any transport between my networked computers is done via a USB stick that has been stripped of everything except the files that I need to have transferred.

SP. wrote on 11/17/2021, 2:05 AM

@Jeffery-Rowley Maybe your Windows user account is missing some privileges and the registration is not saved. You can try a right click on the program icon and then select to run the program as administrator.