Comments

SP. wrote on 2/9/2021, 2:14 AM

@Justin-Stroud But only support can help you in this case. One thing you might do is to log into your customer account on Magix.com and check under "My products" if your Acid License is still available.

Justin-Stroud wrote on 2/9/2021, 8:19 PM

There is no "My Products" area when I log in. I've tried that. And I've tried contacting support. I just bought the software a few months ago, now it doesn't work. Such a rip-off.

emmrecs wrote on 2/10/2021, 4:24 AM

@Justin-Stroud

Just to be clear, the log in that @SP. refers to is via this page, then go to My Products.

HTH

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

johnebaker wrote on 2/10/2021, 5:45 AM

@Justin-Stroud

Hi

. . . . I just bought the software a few months ago, now it doesn't work . . . .

From where?

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Justin-Stroud wrote on 2/11/2021, 12:39 PM

I bought it directly. I have the receipt.

@Justin-Stroud

Hi

. . . . I just bought the software a few months ago, now it doesn't work . . . .

From where?

John EB
Forum Moderator

Justin-Stroud wrote on 2/11/2021, 12:56 PM

@Justin-Stroud

Just to be clear, the log in that @SP. refers to is via this page, then go to My Products.

HTH

Jeff

Yep, went there. No products.

emmrecs wrote on 2/11/2021, 1:36 PM

@Justin-Stroud

If there are no products listed in your account, somehow you have not registered your product with Magix; it is the registration process that initially creates your account and then adds each product (and all associated data, like serial keys) as you formally activate it.

Just to be clear, when you say you bought it directly, do you mean direct from the Magix.com online shop?

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Justin-Stroud wrote on 2/11/2021, 4:24 PM

I believe so, yes. That's who the receipt is from.

SP. wrote on 2/11/2021, 4:45 PM

@Justin-Stroud What do you mean with you "believe"?

If you just got the software second hand and the old owner bought it from Magix.com then it is very likely that the old owner registered it. That would explain the message that another mail has already registers this software. In this case it would be the responsibility of the old owner to unregister it first before selling it to you.

But this doesn't add up with your description that the software worked over the last months and that it isn't listed in your user account. How would it just disappear? Did you change your mail address?

Justin-Stroud wrote on 2/12/2021, 3:00 AM

I didn't change my email address. I just went to fire it up one day, and it asked for my serial number. I entered it and I got that error. "I believe" meant I didn't have the receipt email right in front of me at that moment. I do now. I bought the product directly, and it came with Melodyne and a few other things bundled with it. I've had this email address since Google started GMail, and all of the receipts and activation information from Magix regarding my Acid license has been coming to that address.

I have no idea why it would stop working. I'm a software developer, and I've worked on DRM solutions before. I'd like to get it working though.

And...there's no need to get snippy. I'm frustrated that the product I bought directly from Magix has copy protection that clearly has an issue. I'd like to work with anyone to get this sorted out so nobody else has to deal with it.

Thanks,

Justin Stroud

emmrecs wrote on 2/12/2021, 3:36 AM

@Justin-Stroud

Because these are user to user forums, I do not think anyone else here can help with your very understandable frustration!

I think you now need to open a Support ticket, via this page, choose Acid Pro as your product and then, on the next page scroll to the bottom and click on "Ask Support" and follow through all the pages until you can ask the specific question. (Yes, it is very convoluted and it is especially annoying that a page that used to be available to directly create a ticket, now opens completely blank!)

Jeff