Email Address already registered with serial number?

SuperSonic wrote on 12/9/2021, 4:02 PM

I have a copy of soundforge that came with my purchase of MMM premium. I have had it registered before, but when i opened it recently, it wanted me to re-register it. When I go to do this, it says :This serial number is already registered with another email." I have the serial number account in my account here on Magix, but it doesnt seem to be wanting to let me use it to register my copy of soundforge. Any idea what might be going on?

thanks in advance!

Comments

SP. wrote on 12/9/2021, 4:38 PM

@SuperSonic Can you disable the installation in your user account? Maybe registration will work again after doing so.

SuperSonic wrote on 12/9/2021, 4:43 PM

Call me a square, but I'm not sure how to do that.

SP. wrote on 12/9/2021, 5:46 PM

@SuperSonic For example see this screen shot of my user account. I can deactivate the installation on my computer.

SuperSonic wrote on 12/9/2021, 7:59 PM

Alrighty. I'll give that a go when I get done with work tonight. Thanks for the info. I'll report back with what happens one way or the other. I appreciate the help!

rraud wrote on 12/10/2021, 11:19 AM

You probably used a different email address prior. The email you used when it was initially registered is likely different that what you are entering. Your email address and serial code are paired. If there are two activations all ready one must be deactivated as SP stated.

SuperSonic wrote on 1/6/2022, 5:54 PM

Oddly, it let me re-activate it once i updated it. No clue what went wrong before, but the problem seems to have resolved itself. Thanks for the feedback. I'll keep it bookmarked should this arise again. Sorry for the late reply. I haven't had time to even get on my computer for the past few weeks. Things are finally starting to settle down here now.

Thanks again. I appreciate the info.