Effects manual

rdealmeida12 wrote on 5/12/2012, 12:21 PM

Is there a PDF file available explaining all the effects for video x4.. Example.. in plugins explain how to use delogo.. What effects are available for working with VHS tape.. cleaning it , getting rid of some film grain... dropping damaged frames..etc

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 5/14/2012, 5:11 AM

Hi.

I don't know of any manual, pdf or otherwise, for the plug-ins.  I'm assuming you mean the VDub plug-ins, which you've downloaded and installed?

Delogo (logoaway4) is NOT the easiest to work with!  This thread http://www.magix.info/uk/has-anyone-been-able-to-use-logoaway4-in-me16plus.knowledge.744519.html contains some information on using it.

The only other plug-in I've found to be really useful, but it's not free and it doesn't work in its latest versions in MEP or VPX, is "NeatVideo for VirtualDub".  This is a (video) noise removal tool that really does do a good job of removing at least a substantial part of any noise, grain etc.  However, as I said, the fact that all versions since, I think 2.3, have refused to work in MAGIX programs means you will need to transfer your footage to VDub itself and use it there.  If you're capturing VHS I would guess the format of your files is avi, which is what VDub wants. (VirtualDub is, of course, free to download and use.)  So open your file in VDub, apply the NeatVideo plug-in, ( there are a wide range of adjustments you make in NV, with clear instructions on their website on how to set it up), process and save the file from VDub and then reopen it in MEP/VPX to carry out the rest of the editing you want to do, and then render and export your finished product.  One thing to be aware of: when you save the processed footage from VDub, it can be as uncompressed avi, which can be HUGE, so big, in fact, that MEP/VPX cannot read/play it without quite serious stuttering.  There is a work-around but the "easiest" way is to ensure that the output from VDub is compressed.

You ask about removing damaged frames; I know of no way to do this other than scanning through the footage on the timeline and splitting and deleting those frames.

Jeff

Last changed by emmrecs on 5/14/2012, 5:11 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

rdealmeida12 wrote on 5/14/2012, 3:52 PM

thanks alot I'll check it out and get back to you

Thanks again

Bob