Echo in voice when using Microphone

NamesLano wrote on 6/11/2023, 1:44 PM

Hello, I am trying to record my lyrics on a song but everytime I hit record and speak, my voice always echos back or mirrors the time that I speak depending on the buffer size I have it set on. I have already tried setting it to 2048 and 1024 and anything less than that it gets very bad with sound quality. I made a post before saying that my song would not export unless the buffer size was set to 2048 but now I cannot record my voice without it echoing back to me. Is there a way I can record without having to hear myself speak as I record and only hear the music itself?

Comments

SP. wrote on 6/11/2023, 2:05 PM

@NamesLano Does it help if you set the track, where you want to record your voice on, to Mute?

NamesLano wrote on 6/11/2023, 2:07 PM

@NamesLano Does it help if you set the track, where you want to record your voice on, to Mute?

Not sure why I did not think of this before but thank you this is an alternative solution. I say alternative because I never had this echo issue before and I could record just fine without it doing it. But this works, thank you once again SP!

SP. wrote on 6/11/2023, 2:12 PM

@NamesLano I just remembered, if you click on the small gear icon next to the record button, you'll open the recording settings. There should be a checkbox to enable and disable monitoring.