DSP issues after updating Samp ProX7

aglith wrote on 12/25/2023, 1:10 PM

Hi

I am having severe issues with DSP spikes all of a sudden after installing an update to ProX7. One Kontakt instrument and one plugin will cause a dsp reading of up to 200% max. I have an ok computer that should handle way more than this and usually does. This has happened once before (probably on samp5) but went away when I bought and installed a new version.

Is Magix forcing people to update and pay for a new version or are my system settings incorrect?

I am running the RME Hdsp MadiFX pcie card and have multicore support at 4.

Comments

SP. wrote on 12/25/2023, 5:36 PM

@aglith Limit the number of CPU cores in the Samplitude system settings and in the Kontakt settings. Try a lower number like 4-6 cores (looks like you already did that?)

It can also be caused by graphics card drivers. Some users reported problems caused by Nvidia drivers.

aglith wrote on 12/25/2023, 6:28 PM

Let's say its a driver conflict with nvidia, what on earth could be done?

Also, when using Kontakt 7 standalone application the DSP is less than half compared to opening one instance of Kontakt 7 in Samplitude ProX7 playing the same patch and nothing else (and with crazy spikes).

I have multicore support off in Kontakt and on 4 in Samplitude. I tried having multicore support on in Kontakt as well but that did not change anything. Also it was not recommended to have both on at the same time by SampX7.

ProAudioTeam wrote on 1/3/2024, 6:11 AM

Hello,

have you been able to fix the problem?

If not, please send us an email to proservice@magix.net.

Kind regards

Your MAGIX pro audio team