Dropped frames?

eddiehotaling wrote on 2/8/2012, 5:51 PM

Hi,

I'm new to video pro x (I am using pro x3) and new to the world of video in general. I am a Samplitude user which is why I chose to use VPX. I am trying to record video from an analog source and I am getting hundreds of dropped frames. I've tried changing the video encoder quality but it does not seem to fix the issue. Would anyone please explain to me what this is exactly, how important it is and what to do to try to remedy the problem. I am learning this program to use in professional applications and want my work to be the highest quality possible. Thank you so much for any help.

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 2/11/2012, 9:39 AM

Hi.  Welcome to the wonderful world of video editing!

If you're suffering from dropped frames whilst digitising analogue video the most common reason is that your computer simply cannot handle the data rate; i.e. the computer is "too slow".

However, you have not given us any information about the computer, its operating system, hard drives, CPU, graphics card etc. so if you could supply that you might give us (fellow-users) something to work with!  Also, how exactly are you transferring the analogue video to the computer (what "technology" are you using for this purpose)?

I see your "background" is audio, mine too, though not Samplitude.  When I moved from serious audio (using Adobe Audition) to serious video (MEP and later VPX) my previously "good for audio" computer required a major upgrade!

Jeff

Last changed by emmrecs on 2/11/2012, 9:39 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam