Comments

SP. wrote on 6/16/2021, 10:32 AM

@Dan-Valla In case you run Sound Forge with administrator privileges you cannot drag and drop files into it. Windows prevents this because of security reasons.

Dan-Valla wrote on 6/17/2021, 7:25 AM

Thank you SP. If I do not run it with Admin privilege then SF will not open. So I am in a catch 22 loop here. Do you have a solution for this problem?

rraud wrote on 6/17/2021, 1:26 PM

If I do not run it with Admin privilege then SF will not open.

Dan-Valla, this would be a result the infamous 'Elevated Privilege' issue which affects SF-10 after 'some' Windows10 updates and would require a registry tweak to open SF-10 without launching as an administrator.
See this post for the registry tweak instructions. Unfortunately this is not a permanent fix and may need to be done again at some point should another Windows update fork things up. Create a restore point prior to going into the registry and heed the warnings about editing the reg..
Uninstalling SF-10 with a uninstaller/reg cleaner app and reinstalling is another option, but that is not permanent either and all custom settings would be reset to default. You could try a SF 10 'reset/clear cache' but I do not think it would fix the issue and would also revert customizations.

Dan-Valla wrote on 6/20/2021, 8:02 PM

I will try this tomorrow and let you know the result. Thanks!