drag and drop

MarkD wrote on 7/13/2009, 6:23 AM
OK!
I figured how to import my old VHS. I was maiing a new movie and had to shut down for awhile. I saved my project. I loaded same project and attempted to Drag and Drop like I did before to add to the movie I was making before.

Now the program will not let the drag and drop feature from MEDIA (that is where your Imports from VHS go) work like it did prior to saving my project, (yeah that was three hours worth).

So, I said, "I guess i will have to start a new project all over again, then it should work.  Two hours later of trying everything I could think of has lead me to this Q & A section.

I have to admit, if I can't get this to work, I am asking for my money back.  I am sure there are other programs out there that are more user friendly.

All in all, including the time I have invested importing old VHS, 12 hours.

Does anybody know how I can fix this drag and drop problem?

Comments

siglersmalz wrote on 7/13/2009, 10:25 AM
Hi MarkD,

Unfortunately, I don't know about Rescue your Videotapes, but I've been using Movie Edit Pro for a long time.  If Rescue your Videotapes is a "dummied down" version of MEP, then you should be able to find "Reset Program Settings to Defaults" in the "Help" menu, or some equivalent.  You could try resetting to defaults and see if that fixes the issue.

In past versions of MEP, I had periodic weird behavior like what you've had, and the fix was to uninstall and then reinstall.  That might work, too.

Hope that helps, and good luck.