Comments

SP. wrote on 3/3/2021, 12:37 PM

@Philip-Gigliotti What does it tell you exactly? If the download failed you have to start the download again until it works.

Philip-Gigliotti wrote on 3/3/2021, 12:47 PM

It tells me that a file Microsoft.NET is supposed to be downloaded first. It goes for a minute and says the download was corrupted. Before that, my product and the serial number are listed; I click on download; it asks me for a language, asks which components I want, starts to download, then tells me it is interrupted and I should click continue. Happens over and over again

SP. wrote on 3/3/2021, 12:52 PM

@Philip-Gigliotti You can download missing Microsoft .NET frameworks from here: https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/dotnet-framework

If the download interrupts please deactivate your firewall and/or Windows Defender temporarily. Sometime they will block the downloader from downloading any files.

rraud wrote on 3/3/2021, 2:24 PM

What version of Sound Forge 10 do you have (Pro or AS)?

Am I allowed to put the program on more than 1 computer?

Sony Sound Forge 10 and most other SCS software can be activated on an 'undetermined' number of PCs.. more than two.

OTOH, Magix versions of SF, Vegas and such, are limited to two (2) activations..You can however deactivate one and reactivate on a third PC though. The 365 subscription version is for only one (1).

btw, welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users forum @Philip-Gigliotti.

Philip-Gigliotti wrote on 3/3/2021, 4:30 PM

I am still having trouble putting my SoundForge 10 on another computer. Even if I turn off the virus protection and firewall

rraud wrote on 3/4/2021, 11:00 AM

I can post the full installer for SF Pro-10, if that is what you have.

Philip-Gigliotti wrote on 3/4/2021, 12:21 PM

Yes. That is what I have. I would really appreciate the post for the full installer. Thank you!

rraud wrote on 3/4/2021, 1:42 PM

Hi @Philip-Gigliotti, download from WeTransfer
( https://we.tl/t-sScs9TEjvo )

You will still need your Sound Forge Pro 10 serial code and registered email address to activate.
The (Direct X) iZotope 'Mastering Suite II' (which was included with Pro 10) was a separate download, serial code and activation from iZotope. If that was previously registered, iZotope would have it on file. FWIW, I like the mastering suite's multiband tools (comp, exciter and imager), the rest I could live without.

Philip-Gigliotti wrote on 3/10/2021, 10:38 AM

Well, it didn't work. It tells me that the Microsoft,net file it needs is corrupt when it downloads

Philip-Gigliotti wrote on 3/10/2021, 10:41 AM

Oh! This other computer says it HAS the Microsoft, net file!

Philip-Gigliotti wrote on 3/10/2021, 10:45 AM

Version 4.8

Philip-Gigliotti wrote on 3/18/2021, 7:48 PM

Hello? Can someone get back to me please?

emmrecs wrote on 3/19/2021, 5:18 AM

@Philip-Gigliotti

These are user to user forums, not a contact for Magix Support. If you followed all the procedures given earlier I suspect no-one here has any further advice to give you.

You could try contacting Magix Support but, given the age of your product, you may be asked to pay for their help.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

SP. wrote on 3/19/2021, 8:26 AM

@Philip-Gigliotti If you have .NET 4 it doesn't automatically mean you also have .NET 3 and .NET 2. I would suggest you to install 3 and 2 also.