Downloaded the file for Sound Forge but installation had errors

William-Kocher wrote on 9/20/2021, 8:29 AM

I have downloaded other programs, including Vegas and Acid and had no issues with the installation until Sound forge. I even tried just downloading the program without any of the extra plug-ins. Still no luck. It would install about half way before I got the error message. Maybe if you have a different file I can down-load, that would be great. Thank you. Bill Kocher Phone number and email address removed by Moderator

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 9/20/2021, 11:12 AM

@William-Kocher

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums, so not a contact for any Magix staff. Because of this, and because this is a public forum you should never post personal details like your telephone number or email address; if you do there is every chance that a spambot will harvest either or both and potentially deluge you with unwanted calls and emails. Hence I have edited your post to remove them.

You haven't said exactly which version of SF you are trying to install, nor if it is the Pro or Audio Studio version, but I will tag @rraud because I know he has access to at least some of the direct downloads for SF.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

rraud wrote on 9/20/2021, 11:19 AM

Welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users forum @William-Kocher.

Please state what version of Sound Forge you purchased.
Read the 'Sticky' at the head for the main Sound Forge forum page.

William-Kocher wrote on 9/20/2021, 1:30 PM

Sound Forge 10

rraud wrote on 9/20/2021, 4:38 PM

Sound Forge 10... ok
Do you have SF-10 Pro or Audio Studio? Did you not understand the 'Sticky' ?

btw, where did you get the installer file that throws a error code?

Frank-Copley wrote on 10/30/2021, 4:37 PM

Maybe YOu can answer me

Sound Forge Audio Studio 10.0

Getting errors downloading. "Transfer errors" no error code.

Final error is not connected to the internet. If I was not connected you would not see this comment.

Either Its 404 from the internet and the ftp no longer has the even though there is a link to down load the installer or something else

Is above mention file still available?

Sound Forge Audio Studio 10.0

Frank-Copley wrote on 10/30/2021, 4:52 PM

Ok so I got it

For anyone else

Download Net Framework 3.5 from MICROSOFT Make sure you get the official download and not some weird site.

Install that.

Then Try installing Soundforge Audio Studio 10.0

Worked for me.