Do the .mph files need to reside in the same folder as the jpg and mov

carri-h wrote on 12/30/2023, 5:42 PM

I've been trying to creat .avi files using Photostory 2023. When I try to export it tells me I don't have enough storage. I'm using a Surface Pro 7 (Win11 10.0.22631) and I'm being told it is not intended to do heavy graphics so I've bought a desktop. I need to clean up my surface before I migrate files. When I do this am I going to lose all my links from Photostory to the pictures and videos?

When I'm creating my project Photostory backs up every 10 minutes. I now have a long list of Autosave files which indicates sizes from 1.5-2.5 MB. They indicate no space allocated and when I delete them the size of the folder doesn't change.

How do you label the files? I have Autosave_Bak2_Bak6.MP then the next one is Autosize_Bak2_Bak6_Bak0.mp.

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 12/31/2023, 8:29 AM

@carri-h

Hi

. . . . Do the .mph files need to reside in the same folder as the jpg and mov . . . .

No however you do need to create the same folder structure and naming to avoid being asked to locate the files on opening the project.

. . . . How do you label the files? . . . .

On starting a new project I save it with a meaningful name, and save before closing. If editing over several sessions, I load the saved project file, do some editing and then use Save As to add a suffix such as V1, V2 etc to the filename. Further sessions use the latest version for editing always saving with the suffix version increment as seen in the image below - note these are Video Pro X projects.

What did you name/save the project as when you first created it - from the list above it looks like you have opened a backup (autosave) project for continuing editing, and have been using these instead of the original project file with a 'proper name'.

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.