Do I enter the keywords for SEO the right way?

stefanvdwe wrote on 9/6/2014, 10:24 AM

Hello,

I have a question about the keyword management in Webdesigner Prem. 10

I want to improve the findability of my website. I entered the keywords, seperated with a komma like written in the book. But now my findability does not get any better.

Does this just take a couple of days before google indexed the thing? Or should I try it with komma and space? I just don't know............... 

Please tell me how you did it.

Cheers,

Stefan

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 9/6/2014, 11:04 AM

Hi

There are a lot of factors which affect findability of your website in search engines.

There are too many to list here, however if you search for 'How Search Engines Rank Web Pages' in Google you will find many examples.

. . . Does this just take a couple of days before google indexed the thing? Or should I try it with komma and space? . . .

The time taken depends on when the search engine spider / bot crawls through your site - this can take a few hours to weeks and does rely on your site being accessible and 'crawlable' - if a site page is generated dynamically or is Flash based for example then the bots may not be able to trawl the site.

With Google you can submit your website to be indexed by the Google spiders.

Page / search ranking for new websites will be low for many reasons - for example

• competition from hundreds if not thousands of similar well established sites

• lack of visitors to your site

• lack of cross links from other sites to your

• competitor sites paying to be ranked high

and so on - the list is very long.

The final option you have is paid advertising on the search engines - however this is very expensive.

Note the search engine tools used for ranking sites are much more sophisticated and are able to detect the tricks used to try to influence ranking.

HTH

John

Last changed by johnebaker on 9/6/2014, 11:04 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.