DISTORTED SOUND

joeshe68 wrote on 8/23/2021, 2:38 AM

DISTORTED AUDIO:- PLAYBACK AS THOUGH Underwater. I HAVE SET THE SAMPLE RATE THE SAME AS MY REALTEK SPEAKERS 48000 HZ 16BIT STILL NO LUCK. THE PROGRAMME IS MAGIX MUSIC MAKER 2021 I HAVE HAD MAGIX MUSIC MAKER 2015 RUNNING WITHOUT ANY PROBLEMS. MY SET-UP IS ASUS TUF A15 GAMING LAPTOP WITH WINDOWS 10 HOME REALTEK SPEAKERS. 8 CORE RYZEN 7 WITH G-FORCE GTX 2160T. 16 GIG RAM. 2.5 TERABYTE. I'M GETTING ON A BIT (77) SO PLEASE MAKE YOUR REPLY SIMPLE. THANK YOU

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 8/23/2021, 4:04 AM

@joeshe68

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

First, please do not post ALL IN CAPITALS, it is considered the forum equivalent of shouting and is not likely to encourage other users to reply!

First, please take a screenshot of Program settings>Audio/MIDI tab and post it here. Also, please tell us exactly which build of MM you have (the current latest is 30.0.1.23) and which variant, Free, Plus or Premium.

(Just to reassure you, I'm a little younger than you, just 70!)

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

joeshe68 wrote on 8/24/2021, 1:23 AM

I have 4 screenshots to show you, but how do I add them to this comment? Not even sure I've sent this to Jeff, the forum moderator. HELP !!

emmrecs wrote on 8/24/2021, 4:38 AM

@joeshe68

You've replied to the forum, which is the correct action! To ensure I see your post, simply type "@" and you should see my forum name, click on it and it will be added to your post and I will receive notification of it. (See how I have started my reply to you.) That process is called "tagging" the user to ensure he/she is aware of your reply.

To add screenshots, see the blue circle with the up-arrow at the top of your comment box. Click on it and navigate to wherever your screenshots are saved. Clicking on the "open" button will attach them to your post.

HTH

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

joeshe68 wrote on 8/24/2021, 6:38 AM

@emmrecsthe latest settings

Paul-Channon wrote on 4/18/2022, 11:05 AM

Did anyone get to the bottom of this? I have similar - been working fine until recently. Playback sound starts OK then deteriorates into sonic hell - 😕😕 Sometimes even starts badly.

Magix Music Maker Premium Edition 2021.
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4440 CPU @ 3.10GHz   3.10 GHz
Installed RAM    10.0 GB

Edition    Windows 10 Pro

Version    21H2

If getting a decent sound card will get me past this, then I'm happy to do that, if you think that's best - many thanks.

(Tried to attach pic but even at half size and converted from .png to .jpg get download error - sorry)

johnebaker wrote on 4/19/2022, 4:12 AM

@Paul-Channon

Hi

Try increasing the audio buffer sizes in the program settings, 'one notch' on the up spinner should be enough.

If that fails what is the audio card/chipset in the computer?

. . . . If getting a decent sound card will get me past this . . . .

This may not help depending on what you are doing, the computer may be underpowered for Music Maker ie:

1. How many tracks are in use?

2. What is the content - sound loops, midi or a mix of both

3. Do they have effects etc applied to individual objects, tracks and/or the master volume - if so what and how many?

. . . . Tried to attach pic but even at half size and converted from .png to .jpg get download error . . . .

There may have been an issue with the image uploader, the image format is not a valid jpg or you left it too long while commenting before uploading the image.

The forum does support PNG image uploads, however please do not:

• rescale an image - do crop it if the information you are posting is in a dialog box.

• show any personal information eg email address, serial numbers etc

• use a mobile phone or camera to capture the screen shot

HTH

John EB
Forum Moderator

Last changed by johnebaker on 4/19/2022, 4:18 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Paul-Channon wrote on 4/29/2022, 6:01 AM

Thanks John. I took a holistic view on your reply and have extravagantly bought another PC, whose spec. seems to have solved the problem. I realise this is in some ways an unhelpful reply, as it potentially sidesteps the issue (maybe?) - but for appreciation that you replied and completeness I thought I'd share that an i7 processor with 32G seems to have fixed matters. I'm sure there are cheaper solutions (but I got a decent deal on a refurb 😁!).

John-McCutcheon wrote on 12/9/2022, 6:19 PM

I had a similar problem. In File -> Settings -> Program Settings I changed the ASIO driver from MAGIX to the one for my soundcard (Realtek) under the Audio/MIDI tab and it fixed it.