Comments

SP. wrote on 6/2/2023, 11:45 PM

@CometTails This is a generic error message dating back to a time when Music Maker was 32 bit application. Today it's 64 bit and you have enough RAM available.

There is some other issue why it cannot load the VST. Have you tried to run the program as administrator by right clicking on the program icon? If it works there might be some problem with the firewall/antivirus software.

Also try to restart your computer. Please select the Restart option and not the Shut down option.

SP. wrote on 6/3/2023, 12:45 AM

@CometTails Another idea is to reset the program settings under the File > Settings menu.

SP. wrote on 6/3/2023, 5:51 AM

@CometTails Some other ideas:

- try to install all pending Windows updates

- disable Smart App Control in the Windows 11 settings.

- maybe the Music Maker installation is damaged. Try to uninstall it with a free tool like Revo Uninstaller which also tries to remove all leftover files and registry entries. Then install Music Maker again.

- try to not install Music Maker under the C:\Program Files\ directory. This directory is heavily secured. Maybe the security software blocks something. I personally install my software under C:\Users\MyWindowsUserName\ and don't have many problems. But I encountered the same error message once and it worked again after resetting the Music Maker program settings. So I cannot guarantee that this will make a difference.

SP. wrote on 6/3/2023, 6:43 AM

@CometTails Most problems on Google are solved.

SP. wrote on 6/3/2023, 7:16 AM

@CometTails You uninstalled Music Maker with Revo Uninstaller and installed it under a different directory than C:\Program Files\?

SP. wrote on 6/3/2023, 7:43 AM

@CometTails So you didn't try it.

SP. wrote on 6/3/2023, 8:08 AM

@CometTails I personally installed it in the directory C:\Users\*MyWindowsUsername*\Magix\Music Maker 2023\.

After installing I would recommend you restart the computer once with the Restart option.

Then start Music Maker, log in, reinstall features from the internal Download tab. After everything is set up like you want it, try to reproduce the error message. If it doesn't come up anymore, the problem may be solved.

SP. wrote on 6/3/2023, 8:09 AM

where should i install these for best chance to work?

DON'T USE THE ONEDRIVE DIRECTORY.

SP. wrote on 6/3/2023, 8:23 AM

@CometTails I recommend you use the program normally, like before. So if you want to install your VSTs please do it. The only difference is, that Music Maker isn't installed under C:\Program Files\ and that your user data isn't placed in the One Drive folder.