Comments

rraud wrote on 1/29/2022, 12:27 PM

Welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users community @Robert-Jones7685.

I cannot spcifically check Audio Studio 13, but I do not see any "Dehisser' in AS-15., Do you mean the "DeEsser plug-in? In any case, the eFX and eExpressFX plug-ins are Direct X, so they would not be listed in any of the VST folders. In Vegas, look for it in the "All" or "Third-Party" plug-in folders.

btw, I do not see any "Dehisser' in Vegas Pro either. If this is a Vegas issue, use the pertinent Vegas forum.

Robert-Jones7685 wrote on 1/29/2022, 1:46 PM

I guess I will just use noise gate to reduce background noise then.

rraud wrote on 1/29/2022, 4:18 PM

A noise gate dose not remove background noise, it just mutes the sound at a set threshold. If it is on a master bus or a solo track, the opening and closing is usually audible. An expander is similar to a gate, but is smoother and does not shut off the sound completely, which is less noticeable. But like a noise gate,it does not attenuate hiss or other din type noise like a noise reduction plug in.
Sound Forge Pro include two restoration suites, the legacy Sony Noise Reduction pack (aka, NR-2.0) and iZotope's RX Elements. Both of which can be used directly in Vegas.
If you have Vegas Pro, an audio event (or the event's entire media file) can be opened in Sound Forge and the restoration tool may be applied there.

There are free noise reduction plug-ins available, but I have not tried any,