Default parameters

flo-l wrote on 2/1/2022, 6:51 AM

I'm totally new to Sound Forge pro 15 and I made a big mistake. I changed the default parameters of many tools without first saving the presets. Now I'm having trouble not knowing which tool it comes from. 😔

When I use Loudness Normalize, the sound cuts out completely at exactly 10 seconds. And I don't know where it comes from. Do you have an idea about this ?

I have another question: is it possible to put all the settings back to default, without having to uninstall and reinstall Sound Forge ?

Many thanks for your help.

Comments

SP. wrote on 2/1/2022, 9:22 AM

@flo-l Do you have an option to reset the program settings in the File menu? If not you can hold CTRL+SHIFT on your keyboard and double click on the Sound Forge program icon to start the program. A small window should appear that asks you if you want to reset the program settings. But I'm not sure it will reset the plugin settings. But it's worth a try.

rraud wrote on 2/1/2022, 9:33 AM

hi @flo-l , If a preset was not saved, you cannot recall it, even with a deleted data recovery app. The default presets cannot be deleted.

is it possible to put all the settings back to default, without having to uninstall and reinstall Sound Forge ?

Yes, in the 'File' menu, "Reset all preferences and clear cached data".

When I use Loudness Normalize, the sound cuts out completely at exactly 10 seconds.

There could be a few reasons why this happens.. Does this recur after Sound Forge is closed and relaunched? Are only 10 seconds selected on the timeline? Do all plug-ins exhibit the same behavior? Are there automation applied?

flo-l wrote on 2/2/2022, 3:52 AM

Hi,

Many thanks for the help. Yes I have in the 'File' menu, "Reset all preferences and clear cached data". Do you know if it's a reset to Izotope and Fx Core also ?

I find the reason the sounds cuts out completely at exactly 10 seconds when I use Loudness Normalize. It's just cause of the preview time. I didn't click OK, but Cancel.

It's stupid !!! 😆

rraud wrote on 2/2/2022, 10:36 AM

Do you know if it's a reset to and Fx Core also ?

I am not sure if the reset process clears the user Fx presets, Probably not the VSTs since they are not stored in SF folder(s) . Contact Magix support for a definitive answer, They would not be lost if they are saved in the plugs-in's own banks, which is an option iZ's Ozone.

FWIW, I do not recall using non-real time previews since Sound Forge 4.5

Addendum, the legacy Sony Preset Manager allows effects chains and individual Direct X plug-in presets to be saved externally or in a folder not related to Sound Forge.