Comments

emmrecs wrote on 6/29/2021, 6:03 AM

@Slumph

my 2020 edition of music maker has now turned into a free edition

Assuming that you have not purposely deactivated it (via your account) the only reason for this to occur, I think, is if your installation of MM is unable to complete its monthly check of your licence, by an online, background, connection to the Magix server. If it is the case that you have not deliberately deactivated your licence, you need to check that your Firewall and/or Antivirus is not blocking the connection to or from your computer to the server.

There is no need to buy any later edition (2022 has just been released) unless you wish to.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

SP. wrote on 6/29/2021, 6:38 AM

@Slumph If you cannot log back into your user account it often helps if you go into the program settings and click on the button to clean up the store. This will delete the old cache and can solve log-in-problems after updates.