Comments

Pauly13 wrote on 2/12/2022, 4:12 AM

Hi SP. Thank you! That solution worked! This was driving me nuts as I do ALL zero-crossing edits for the precise results that offers. Thanks for taking the time to answer me. Pauly

Pauly13 wrote on 2/12/2022, 4:23 AM

So here's another question: after finding the manual and it saying to disable snapping at high zoom levels, it says to go to Options, Preferences, Editing tab - there is no "editing" tab - I read all the tabs anyway but couldn't find this disable command anywhere...

rraud wrote on 2/12/2022, 11:46 AM

it says to go to Options, Preferences, Editing tab - there is no "editing" tab - I read all the tabs anyway but couldn't find this disable command anywhere...

Both the 'Quantize to frame' and (basic) 'Snapping' settings are in the (root) "Options" menu in Pro and Audio Studio
SF Pro has the "Edit" sub-menu in 'Preferences' which includes advanced settings for 'snapping' .. Audio Studio does not have the "Edit" sub menu and the subsequent advanced settings.

Pauly13 wrote on 2/13/2022, 7:15 AM

Thanks. I can see they save a lot of good stuff for the $400 version!

rraud wrote on 2/13/2022, 10:28 AM

The advanced (Edit menu) settings in SF Pro (see screenshot below), are 'usually' not needed in my experience. There are many other advantages however to SF Pro and the SF Pro 'Suite' IMO, SpetraLayers Pro alone is worth the upgrade cost of the SFP Suite version if you need restoration tools beyond the legacy noise reduction (NR-2.0) pack and RX Elements.

Pauly13 wrote on 2/13/2022, 5:50 PM

Well thanks again! I watched some videos on the SpecrtaLayers program after your advice. I usually record all from scratch lately as I have been readying my entire library to go onto the net, now at 423 pieces of music on iTunes. The "dereverb" function sure would've helped, but I just made a cool graphics fade that managed the same thing in an acceptable way. Anyway thanks again and if you want to sample my music you can go here to iTunes: https://apple.co/3gi9FPm

I have 4 Daytime Emmy awards for music composition and have been at the composition game a long time, just never made it to the Alan Silvestri or Danny Elfman level, but I've done a lot of fun stuff.

Here's "Starless" , my licensed cover of the King Crimson song. All effects pulled off between my Tascam DP 24, my guitars (some through an ElectroHarmonix Mel 9) and SF AS15.

Here's my 26 song Beatles re-creation: