Comments

SP. wrote on 7/14/2021, 1:46 AM

@Robert-Hodosi Check if there were created backup files and rename the file ending to MMM. Always save your projects with "Save as" and give each saved file a different name, for example save1, save2, save3, etc. In this case you can go back to an earlier version.

Tristan-Weijermars wrote on 7/31/2021, 5:53 AM

@SP. That is of course very useful, but it should not be necessary. I encountered the same problem. The program crashing is one thing, but data that you have already saved disappearing is quite another. I tried to retrieve a file by changing the extension of a BAK file to a MMM file, but that didn't help either. The strangest thing about it is that the BAK files do have the size I would expect, but once turned into MMM files they don't show anything. Magix needs to look into this.

SP. wrote on 7/31/2021, 6:13 AM

@Tristan-Weijermars You can also try it this way: load a backup project via File Menu > Backup > Load backup project. Usually Music Maker saves a backup MM_ .file every ten minutes if you haven't changed the standard settings. They should be in the same folder you saved your project file.