Comments

rraud wrote on 2/7/2021, 4:30 PM

Which version of of Sound Forge-10 (AS or Pro)? Did you download the latest (last) build from the Magix.

btw, welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users forum @Ed-Cunningham.

Ed-Cunningham wrote on 2/7/2021, 5:17 PM

its just the old music studio 32 bit version that I wanted to reinstall to compare to the version of TRacks I am currently using. Now use Acid Pro for mixes & TRackS for masters...Ed

rraud wrote on 2/8/2021, 10:50 AM

There were two versions of Sound Forge-10, Audio Studio and Pro @Ed-Cunningham. You can download either from the Magix Download Center or "Magix Service Center> My Products" You will need your serial number and the log-in info you used when it was initially registered with SCS (Sony).
You can also download SCS products from the Sony archives. Your SCS log-in info may be still be needed.

Ed-Cunningham wrote on 2/8/2021, 2:28 PM

Thank you rraud....I didnt purchase the pro version so have no serial, but will see if I can dl the studio version from Sony archives. Will post result when I find a bit of time...but not a big issue if I have no luck....appreciate the info...Ed

Ed-Cunningham wrote on 2/8/2021, 2:39 PM

Version 10 is not on the archives list....no problem...will just let the issue rest & get on with music....cheers & thanks..Ed

rraud wrote on 2/9/2021, 11:36 AM

It is listed as "audiostudio10.0.xxx.exe", (xxx= build #) Use the 'mirror' link to download. If you do not have your Sound Forge AS-10 serial code, you will not be able to activate it. It is possible you can look that up here.. if.. you have your old SCS log-in info. Same goes for the Magix "My Products" in the Magix Service Center If you cannot get your serial code, you're SOL, Upgrade to Sound Forge AS-15 or Sound Forge Pro 14.

Ed-Cunningham wrote on 2/9/2021, 3:05 PM

Same result with the dl from Magix & Sony...the corrupted download message appears at the end of the attempt to install net service 2.0 so I`m thinking the issue is with Win 10...running win 10 updated with 16 g ram , solid state drives etc & this is not the only installation issue I have encountered...as I said...not a big issue but must say I am impressed with all the help received mucking around with some of my old software ideas...will just stick with the new versions & move on. Thank you...

johnebaker wrote on 2/10/2021, 6:17 AM

@Ed-Cunningham

Hi

. . . . the corrupted download message appears at the end of the attempt to install net service 2.0 so I`m thinking the issue is with Win 10 . . . .

Check .Net Framework 3.5 is installed and checked as shown below

Also temporarily disable your Antivirus Real Time Protection/Protected folders/Ransomware feature while installing. If the program runs afterwards you may get other issues which require an exception adding to your AV to allow the program to run correctly.

HTH

John EB

Last changed by johnebaker on 2/10/2021, 6:20 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Ed-Cunningham wrote on 2/10/2021, 4:31 PM

Thanks John...noticed 3.5 was one of the items in the update I ran today...will think about the procedure you note as I`m a bit netrvous about creating other issues & this DL is not really a significant issue as I have a lot of up to date audio software.....Ed