coreFX Tape Machine

Jason-B wrote on 11/2/2023, 9:57 AM

Hi. I just ordered Sound Forge Pro 17 Suite a couple days ago. I noticed that on the website advertisement it shows a couple of images referring to a plugin called coreFX Tape Machine. But I cannot find this in Sound Forge anywhere. (coreFX Tape Machine, not to be confused with Analog Modeling TRACK plugin). Do I need to install something else? Where is this plugin located? I cannot find it in any of the menus.

Thanks.

Comments

rraud wrote on 11/2/2023, 3:58 PM

Hi @Jason-B,
Have you looked for it in the cFX series of plug-ins in View> Plug-in Manager'. However I do not see a specific 'cFX Tape Machine' plug-in. There is a 'wFX_TapeMachine' though which maybe what you are looking for. I see an 'AM Track' compressor/tape simulator there as well. The Core series plug-in's <.dll > files are in Program files> SOUND FORGE Pro 17> MAGIX Plug-ins.

That said, I like Tone Booster's 'Ferox' and the original JB Ferox (which was prior to Tone Booster's acquisition from Jeroen Breebaart).

Jason-B wrote on 11/4/2023, 9:03 AM

The only wFX module I'm showing is wFX_ModernReverb, but no Tape Machine. I saw a screenshot on the main website: https://www.magix.com/fileadmin/user_upload/Produkte/Pro/SOUND_FORGE_Pro_17/Overview/i_b68227/sound-forge-pro-vst-improvements-int.png

If this is wFX_TapeMachine, then I do not have this. I thought it came bundled with the Pro 17 Suite? (It's one of the reasons I bought the suite and not the regular Pro 17). I checked the email I got from Magix after purchasing, got all the sub-apps installed (SpectraLayers, Melodyne, Ozone, etc..) and registered and everything, but there was nothing else. I presumed the cfx and wfx plugs were built-in to Sound Forge.

I have AM-TRACK, but that's not the module I want to use. (I have a number of analog distortion plugins I use from Waves and SSL already, but I specifically wanted to try the built-in Tape Machine plug.)

rraud wrote on 11/4/2023, 1:12 PM

Upon further examination of my PC, it appears the Wizard (wFx) plugs were in the 'Audio Studio 17\MAGIX Plugins' folder and IMO, the wFx tape machine plug did not sound impressive and only had one or two user adjustments, so it may not be the one you are looking for, I would suggest emailing Magix customer service for answers. infoservice@magix.net

Jason-B wrote on 11/5/2023, 2:42 PM

I appreciate the info - and honesty. I'm accustomed to using 2 Waves plugins for tape emulation (Abbey Road J37 and Kramer Master Tape - Kramer being especially creamy for mastering). Since I'm familiar with their capabilities, I probably should just stick with them. Unless anyone has suggestions about other tape-emulation plugins they've used which have provided some smooth analog glue to their mixes? (I'm open to try new things.) 😁