coreFX and wizardFX Suites Activation

akeane wrote on 12/30/2021, 10:50 AM

I am finally getting around to a bundle of software I purchased that includes Sound Forge Pro 13, Samplitude Music Studio, ACID Music Studio 11, and the coreFX and wizardFX Suites.

Installation of the first three programs required an activation key, as expected. However, even though I was given activation keys for the coreFX and wizardFX Suites, I was never asked to input them after installing them.

Are the keys for the two Suites not actually necessary? If they are, where do I use them in the programs listed above? They expire soon.

Comments

SP. wrote on 12/30/2021, 11:17 AM

@akeane

After installing coreFX and wizardFX you need to load them as a VST effect in ACID or Samplitude or Sound Forge. As a first step, you need to scan the VST path in the program settings of ACID and Samplitude and Sound Forge. Then you can add the effects to an audio track. If you open the effects window where you can change its settings, you will be asked to enter the serial number.

akeane wrote on 12/30/2021, 12:22 PM

@SP.

I was able to find where to input keys for Samplitude, but ACID and Sound Forge automatically detected the Suite effects and I am able to freely use them without using a key. Am I missing something?

SP. wrote on 12/30/2021, 2:51 PM

@akeane It looks like that entering the keys once is enough.

akeane wrote on 12/30/2021, 4:16 PM

@SP.
ACID and Sound Forge detected the Suite effects and I was able to use them (e.g. wizardFX Modern Reverb) even before I entered the keys in Samplitude. Why would they not require the keys if Samplitude does?

I guess it doesn't really matter as long as activating the key just once in any program and associating it with my e-mail grants me access to the effects everywhere. Is that what you're saying?

SP. wrote on 12/30/2021, 4:34 PM

@akeane Maybe ACID and Sound Forge came with the effects already included inside the program and that is why you don't need to enter a serial number. But that is just a guess.

I guess it doesn't really matter as long as activating the key just once in any program and associating it with my e-mail grants me access to the effects everywhere. Is that what you're saying?

Yes. That is correct.

Andre_L wrote on 5/27/2022, 9:35 AM

Hello, today I bought the wizardFX Compressor plugins Magix, wizardFX Limiter Magix and wizardFX Gate Magix. I bought it through the app store located in the Acid Pro 10 Suite. In this program the plugins were loaded and are working perfectly, but when I go to use these plugins in Reaper it asks for an access key that I didn't receive at purchase. I would like to know how do I make these plugins work in Reaper too?