Controllers found to work well with Music Maker ?

GRB wrote on 6/14/2023, 11:59 PM

What Controllers are you using and have found to work well?

I'll start off by stating that I have a Novation Launchpad Mk2 and I'm wondering if it will work as the promoted Mk3 mini here at Magix.

I guess this could be both a pro/con type info post for users to consider devices.

Thanks in advance for sharing.

Cheers and may the Music Season be 24/7/365 !

Magix Installed & Loved: ACID Pro 11 / Samplitude Music Studio X8 / Music Maker 2025 Premium / Sound Forge Audio Studio 17 / SF Audio Cleaning Lab 4....

--- Current System: HP Laptop, 64bit, AMD Ryzen 5 7520U with Radeon Graphics, 16gb ram, 256gb SSD, running Win 11 Home and a Seagate 4TB external drive.

Comments

SP. wrote on 6/16/2023, 4:32 AM

@GRB Technically all MIDI controllers should work fine. The problem is, that Music Maker only has very limited controller support, for example for the live pad feature (which sometimes also doesn't work correctly).

So, it might be a better idea to get a tool like https://coyotemidi.com/ which can translate MIDI input into keyboard shortcuts and mouse clicks.

emmrecs wrote on 6/17/2023, 11:52 AM

@GRB

Since the related comment (you) made in another post is basically the same as this one, the other post has been hidden.

Please do not post the same thing to multiple threads or you may be viewed as a spammer.

One other thing: these are all user to user forums so it is highly unlikely that Magix team, or any of its members, will see your post, sorry.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

GRB wrote on 6/17/2023, 12:15 PM

@GRB

Since the related comment (you) made in another post is basically the same as this one, the other post has been hidden.

Please do not post the same thing to multiple threads or you may be viewed as a spammer.

One other thing: these are all user to user forums so it is highly unlikely that Magix team, or any of its members, will see your post, sorry.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Totally get it, thanks for clarifying.

Not a spammer, just sharing related comments here. Now I know.

I've seen people link to similar posts. how is that done? I see a "direct link" option in post menu options but Its unclear on how it works.

Magix Installed & Loved: ACID Pro 11 / Samplitude Music Studio X8 / Music Maker 2025 Premium / Sound Forge Audio Studio 17 / SF Audio Cleaning Lab 4....

--- Current System: HP Laptop, 64bit, AMD Ryzen 5 7520U with Radeon Graphics, 16gb ram, 256gb SSD, running Win 11 Home and a Seagate 4TB external drive.

johnebaker wrote on 6/18/2023, 7:59 AM

@GRB

Hi

. . . . I have a LaunchPad Mk2 and I see no reason why it shouldn't be able to work if an Mk3 LaunchPad mini can . . . .

This is most likely because the MK2 does not have a custom mapping mode as the Mk 3 does, therefore you are going to have to use a 3rd part software, @SP. has already recommended one, to remap the MK2 ouput to what Music Maker requires.

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

GRB wrote on 6/18/2023, 11:47 AM

@GRB

Hi

. . . . I have a LaunchPad Mk2 and I see no reason why it shouldn't be able to work if an Mk3 LaunchPad mini can . . . .

This is most likely because the MK2 does not have a custom mapping mode as the Mk 3 does, therefore you are going to have to use a 3rd part software, @SP. has already recommended one, to remap the MK2 ouput to what Music Maker requires.

John EB
Forum Moderator

I saw that and thanked, but if at all possible, I'd like to avoid adding 3rd party programs/editors to make things work and find out which products are working for others out there... just feedback of what people are using and seem to be happy with. If any.

Last changed by GRB on 6/18/2023, 11:48 AM, changed a total of 2 times.

corb wrote on 6/27/2023, 5:33 PM

Wind synth controllers can be troublesome to use with Magix.

Akai ewi usb seemed to need constant reset or crash, happens less often maybe updates have cured issue.

Although Roland aerophone from the start no problems seemed to be very compatible with software.