Compataibility with Samplitude 8 projects, circa 2008-2013

edacsac wrote on 9/23/2021, 1:14 PM

Hi,

I need to know if my projects that I left hanging a decade ago can be loaded into the current version of Samplitude (whichever version necessary). Also, would like phone number to customer service. Good customer service is important when I buy a product. So far I'm not seeing it, but I'm sort of stuck with folders ful of .VIP files.

Thank you!

Comments

Graham-Hawker wrote on 9/23/2021, 1:33 PM

There is no phone number. However there is a dedicated samplitude forum.

https://community.samplitude.com/

edacsac wrote on 9/23/2021, 1:47 PM

There is no phone number. However there is a dedicated samplitude forum.

https://community.samplitude.com/

Says I'm not permitted to register an account with this site. I tried getting this question answered this in 2018, and I remember why I dropped the whole idea. Support is atrocious.

SP. wrote on 9/23/2021, 2:02 PM

@edacsac You can just download the demo version and try it out for yourself.

Maybe your mail provider isn't allowed for registering at the Samplitude community because it is often used by spam bots? I would suggest you try another e-mail address.

edacsac wrote on 9/23/2021, 2:12 PM

@edacsac You can just download the demo version and try it out for yourself.

Maybe your mail provider isn't allowed for registering at the Samplitude community because it is often used by spam bots? I would suggest you try another e-mail address.

Nope. yahoo account and two of my own domains. If it isn't taking my own domains due to spam, It's not going to take any.

edacsac wrote on 9/23/2021, 2:15 PM

Is this company legit any longer? I'm seeing a laundry list of complaints from this year. Pretty much all regarding support for simple things, like downloading software or receiving license keys.

SP. wrote on 9/23/2021, 2:49 PM

@edacsac Yes, they are legit. I use Magix software since the late 1990s. Never had big issues with software or support. Samplitude or Sound Forge are working okay. But new releases of Music Maker and Video Pro X were very buggy. So, some complaints about bugs are justified. Complaints about licenses and downloading are often because some people don't read the order confirmation e-mails which usually explain everything and Windows security features which just block the downloads because the user account doesn't have enough privileges.