Closing Music Maker causes JRE crash

kg583 wrote on 1/11/2024, 12:45 AM

Whenever I close Music Maker 2024, at least one other program using the Java Runtime Environment completely crashes. The programs of choice in my case are PyCharm and IntelliJ, both programming IDEs. The crash log often looks something like this:

#
# A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
#
# EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x00007ffa096e6c39, pid=23076, tid=47992

This error indicates that the JRE is reading memory it shouldn't. Digging into the stacktrace further, the most likely issue is that some pointer somewhere is left dangling once Music Maker closes, spelling the end for whichever Java application happens to next rear its head.

siginfo: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005), reading address 0xffffffffffffffff

I'm not exactly sure how to "report" this bug to MAGIX given the lack of a bug tracker or similar, nor would I anticipate a quick fix, but I thought I would share this strange happening in case there is something to be done. I can provide more information and continue reproducing the bug as requested, and in the meantime will only open and use Music Maker scantly.

All mentioned programs are fully updated as of the time of this post. OS is Windows 11.

Comments

SP. wrote on 1/11/2024, 5:44 AM

@kg583 To contact technical support click on the SUPPORT link at top of this page and then select your product. On the next page scroll down until you can click on Contact Support and create your ticket.