Comments

rraud wrote on 7/10/2022, 11:04 AM

Welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users community @Mark-Jones8786. At this point I only have questions.

- What do mean by "before I use Wave Hammer" ?
- Which version of Wave Hammer; the legacy Direct X or the 'new' VST Wave Hammer 2.0 ?|
- "it does it on every song" .. do you mean each song is a separate file ?
- Is this in a silent space just before music (or audio) starts or added to whats already there ?
- Does this happen on PCM (.wav) files or just MP3 and other lossy formats ?
- Is the 'click' audible after rendering or just in preview ?
- Is Wave Hammer assigned to an Fx chain or applied as a single plug-in ?
- if in a chain, is the chain on the timeline or applied directly in Fx Plug-ins ?

In any case, I do not recall bug reports of this sort, so it is probably a setting.
btw I have removed the duplicate query in 'Feedback on SFP16.1' .

Mark-Jones8786 wrote on 7/10/2022, 11:47 AM

hi I should have been more clear ,the I play a song with the player , after a few seconds I get a popping sound in the audio , and it does this on every file . I'm using Wave Hammer; the legacy Direct X, its always a few seconds after playing the file , its happing on mp3 files and wave files , its audible when the song has been put through wave hammer , you can't hear this when you select a file from file open and I play it from the folder, but when I play it in the player showing the wave file , it does it then, I'm using wave hammer from effects and using smooth compression, using wave hammer enhances the pop sound , so its before I use this , and it clicks in the player

rraud wrote on 7/10/2022, 5:59 PM

Are you stating the clicking sound happens in Sound Forge with and without Wave Hammer?

You can try the 32 bit (x86) version or SF 16.1. It is also in the install manager. You do not have to uninstall the 64 bit version.
SFP 16.1 currently has issues with some 32 bit plug-ins.. though I have not experienced any using Wave Hammer.
Otherwise you can use SFP-16.0 (build 79).