Chroma Key cubes (?)

sunnyday07 wrote on 4/10/2012, 12:43 AM

Green screen, am getting a "cube" or large Pixilated effect, undesired. When I turn my head my nose will hit a blurred horizontal line. All "squares" are symetrical, even and put an "edge" on whatever is in them .. or whatever they are touching. Have repainted wall twice, Disney "Alien Green" is popular, also have several yards of Lime Green fabric. Chroma will work OK, do what it should, just leaving this cubed effect. If I reduce size of image, as put myself on a hill 100 feet away they're not noticable.
Consistant with MX Pro 18 or Pro X4. Tried 2 different video cameras, many different angles and lighting wattages, 1 foot from wall, 4, then 7 feet from wall. Updated video card driver, put camera 4 feet from, 8 feet, 10 feet from talent. Shot during dayling through windows/glass door, at night with shop lights, desk lamp, soft light, normal light, flood lights, overhead, 3 point lighting, dim light, all angles, from floor, waist level, etc., etc. One Vid-Pro buddy says "should be preferrances editing option .. cheap software, get FCP". Hmm. Too much invested in Magix gear and time .. still believe I can remedy this problem. Thanks for any response, anything I haven't tried. Can forward a short clip of situation. 

Comments

cpc000cpc wrote on 4/10/2012, 2:51 AM

sunnyday07,

Just two thoughts, not having ever seen this problem...

Is the undesired effect present in your final output or just the preview during editing?

You might try using 'Color' mode (rather than 'Stamp' or 'Mix' and then use the eyedropper cursor in the preview window to select your transparent color. You won't have the color threshold and fading range sliders but you can pick a specific hue.

Regards,

Carl

sunnyday07 wrote on 4/10/2012, 2:58 AM

CPC,

Thank you .. I'll try that when I arise for the day. 4:00 AM here, time for a nap.

Not in final product .. in edit mode. After import from camera, I size and Chroma key.

Really appreciate you taking the time to get back with me. I could send you a brief clip shoing the problem. I'll try your suggestion today. TYVM, Paul

johnebaker wrote on 4/10/2012, 4:51 AM

Hi

'If I reduce size of image, as put myself on a hill 100 feet away they're not noticable' and 'After import from camera, I size .....'

What size are you changing the video to?

The above comments suggest that you are cropping or zooming in on a small section of the video.  If so then you will get pixellation - the degree depends on the zoom level you are using.

John

Last changed by johnebaker on 4/10/2012, 4:51 AM, changed a total of 2 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

cpc000cpc wrote on 4/10/2012, 5:38 PM

If your final product is OK I'd be thinking that the preview mode uses a probably much faster, but obviously inferior, method of doing the necessary calculations. Most users are worried that the playback during editing is not smooth and would be up in arms if chroma keying was as bad as eg some transitions with HD media! If you need to check for accuracy just render a small section using export only selected range.