Chord selection tabs disappeared in Magix Premium

Joachim-Vinson wrote on 9/10/2023, 1:33 PM

Hi! Today I had an especially bad Magix day where it crashed 5 times in an hour which is unusual. 2-3 crashes per day is normal when I work with it. After the last crash the little grey chord selection tabs disappeared.

I understand this is a Premium feature and I have premium. Is it possible that I just accidentally switched that function off? I have gone through the complete menu and either I am too stupid to find it or Magix has decided to take them away.

Has anybody else had that problem?

Thanks,

Achim

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 9/11/2023, 4:56 AM

@Joachim-Vinson

Go to View>Arranger>Advanced pitch ranges (it needs to be ticked). Then the option becomes available again by means of a drop-down arrow at the right hand end of the grey pitch bar at the top of the workscreen.

(Interestingly, somehow the bar that is grey on my workscreen appears blue on this screenshot!!???)

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Joachim-Vinson wrote on 9/11/2023, 6:39 AM

Hi! For some reason that option isn't there.

However, when I clicked view-display object marker-harmony marker a single one where the red time marker was at that moment came back. I couldn't repeat it in other sections of the track though.

emmrecs wrote on 9/11/2023, 8:01 AM

@Joachim-Vinson

Bizarre!

Yours is not the first post to suggest that menu items seem to disappear without reason. You might care to read the latest posts in this thread.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Joachim-Vinson wrote on 9/11/2023, 8:07 AM

Thank you for the link. I'll go through the posts.

It is really annoying that those harmony tabs disappeared. This limits drastically what I can do with Magix. I do get the markers when I use items from the "pitch" drop down menu and thought that was a work around. Unfortunately I can't change the length of the sections with different harmonies.

If I find what the problem is I'll let you know.

Bye,

Achim

Joachim-Vinson wrote on 9/11/2023, 1:03 PM

In the end I did a complete re-install and now my harmony markers are back. With all the updates done it took literally 10 restarts of Magix for everything to work. It also now takes about 5 times as long to fire up.

Still I am happy everything works again.

Thanks for your help,

Achim