Comments

Black wrote on 7/27/2011, 6:29 AM

what exactly do you want to do? can you please give an example, what should happen if wich subdomain or domain is called?

Regards, Black

eaanders wrote on 7/27/2011, 11:01 AM

If  you register a domain name with Magix you can use that domain name for your Magix website instead of the subdomain Magix issues. My question was whether you could use a domain name registered with another domain name registrar to replace the Magic subdomain name, instead of transferring the domain name to Magix. Most web hosting services allow this. Magix has informed me that they do not. The domain name must be registered with Magix. The reason I wanted to do this is because I already had paid the registration fee for another year with the other registrar.

Black wrote on 7/29/2011, 4:23 AM

if your domain is registered at another provider, only this provider can change the domain setting, not magix.

eaanders wrote on 7/29/2011, 10:52 AM

I don't know about other registrars, but Bulk Register, where the domain is registered now allows me to go online at their site and change the host and nameservers anytime I want. I've done it before. The problem here is that Magix has to assign nameservers to handle the site, and apparently they won't do that unless the domain is registered with them.