Changing color of cursor

Jim-Swonger wrote on 7/20/2022, 9:10 AM

Hi all, I just got Audio Studio 16, after using Sound Forge 9.0e for many years. I like it a lot, and I am still adjusting the controls to how I use it. One thing I would like to change is the cursor color. I like the light color template settings for everything, but the cursor is hard to see. It would be great to have an option in the Display setting of preferences to make the cursor line a stronger color in the wave window. Is there a way to do this already that I'm just not seeing? Also is there a way to show the moving cursor position in the overview window? Thanks!

Comments

rraud wrote on 7/20/2022, 10:13 AM

I think the cursor position line is automatically shaded the opposite of the timeline display to provide contrast. For instance, a light or white timeline will show a dark cursor, A dark TL will show a white or light colored cursor line. In "Options> Preferences> Display", experiment with the overall shading and the individual parameters to get a view you like . Pre-Magix versions of Sound Forge were locked to a light overall shade , SF-12 and later have dark, med, lit. and white options. The many individual display parameters have changed as well since SF 9. It took a brief period to get used to after using the SCS (and Sonic Foundry) versions, but I now prefer the 'Dark' display.

The 'Overview' only shows the current start position or the main timeline's selection.

btw, welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users community @Jim-Swonger.