Change in BPM

Former user wrote on 8/29/2023, 3:53 AM

Good afternoon, everyone. I have a simple but important question.For example, I create music at 90BPM and I have audio files on audio tracks. 5-6 audio tracks.If I add any audio file with a different BPM, the BPM of the whole song changes at once.I tried making a change in the settings about the BPM, but nothing changes. After adding an audio file with a different BPM, I tried changing it to 90BPM again, but then the whole song slows down.Can anyone tell me how to make it so that when adding a new audio file, the BPM of all audio tracks does not change?

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 8/29/2023, 9:30 AM

@Former user

Hi

In the Program settings, Import tab, uncheck the option Automatically adjust samples to BPM.

HTH

John EB
Forum Moderator

Last changed by johnebaker on 8/29/2023, 9:31 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Former user wrote on 8/29/2023, 10:33 AM

@Former user

Hi

In the Program settings, Import tab, uncheck the option Automatically adjust samples to BPM.

HTH

John EB
Forum Moderator

Good afternoon .Thanks for the advice.Can you please tell me this should work with all projects?I have several projects. With one at 140 BPM. It works the way you told me to. That's basically what I did.But there is a project with 80 BPM. And for some reason after adding any other file with high or low BPM, the whole project changes its BPM.That is, I add either an MIDI file or an MP3 file with 100 or 60 BPM and the whole project is reset to the BPM with which I added the file:((( Although in the settings I completely removed the automatic BPM.Even did a restart of the PC.I was sent a whole new update yesterday by Musik Maker, due to other issues. But it was the same before the update. It's weird.

johnebaker wrote on 8/29/2023, 1:08 PM

@Former user

Hi

The BPM option is a program setting so will be in force for all projects, including existing projects. Did you save a project, after making the change, and restart Music Maker before loading another project?

HTH

John EB

Last changed by johnebaker on 8/29/2023, 1:09 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Former user wrote on 8/29/2023, 2:47 PM

@Former user

Hi

The BPM option is a program setting so will be in force for all projects, including existing projects. Did you save a project, after making the change, and restart Music Maker before loading another project?

HTH

John EB

I recently bought a Music Maker and so I just started to understand everything.And in one project, in another, the "automatic BPM" function was enabled from the very beginning.Then I needed to add a file with a different BPM to one of the projects. After adding a file with a different BPM, the BPM changed throughout the project. So I started to understand and changed in the settings: "Program settings / Import tab / Automatically adjust samples to BPM.".I disabled this feature, rebooted Music Maker, restarted the PC and then re-entered the program and looked specifically in the settings to see if what I changed changed.And yes, the blue dot is gone.But unfortunately nothing has changed. What is strange, after adding a file with a different BPM, the BPM of the entire project changes, but the speed of the music in the project does not change.That is, I have a project of 80 BPM. I add a MIDI file with 140 BPM (I want to change the MIDI file for the project), there are changes immediately below - 140 BPM is written.But the music in the project continues to play like at 80BPM.Then I add another file with BPM 100, the figure below changes again, but the speed remains the same.(But it doesn't always work that way. Sometimes the speed changes completely.) And then I looked at how this function behaves in another project.And in another project, fortunately, it all works.That is, when a file with a different BPM is added to the project, the entire BPM of the project does not change. Only then I wrote to the forum in order to find out what is possible this is a glitch or am I doing something wrong.I would not like to contact those support because this month I have contacted 5-6 times for the reason that something is wrong with my program. There are always some errors.It seems that I described this problem quite specifically. But there is another one.